Persistent organic pollutants in blood plasma of satellite-tracked adult male loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta)
Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 30, Issue 7, pages 1549–1556, July 2011
How to Cite
Ragland, J. M., Arendt, M. D., Kucklick, J. R. and Keller, J. M. (2011), Persistent organic pollutants in blood plasma of satellite-tracked adult male loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta). Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 30: 1549–1556. doi: 10.1002/etc.540
- Issue published online: 6 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 12 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 9 NOV 2010
- 1National Marine Fisheries Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. 2008. Recovery Plan for the Northwest Atlantic Population of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle (Caretta caretta), 2nd revision. Silver Spring, MD, USA.
- 32003. Nesting patterns, reproductive migrations, and adult foraging areas of loggerhead turtles. In BoltenAB, WitheringtonBE, eds, Loggerhead Sea Turtles. Smithsonian Books, Washington DC, USA, pp 114–124., , .
- 52006. PBDE and organochlorine contaminants in juvenile Caretta caretta blood: Partitioning among blood compartments and temporal and spatial trends. Proceedings, 26th Annual Symposium on Sea Turtle Biology and Conservation, Island of Crete, Greece, April 3-8, pp 50-51., , , , , , .
- 71993. Developmental effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals in wildlife and humans. Environ Health Perspect 10: 378–384., , .
- 122008. Comparing methods for the assessment of reproductive activity in adult male loggerhead sea turtles Caretta caretta at Cape Canaveral, Florida. Endangered Species Res 6: 75–85., , , , , .
- 16R Development Core Team. 2005. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria.
- 172005. Nondetects and Data Analysis: Statistics for Censored Environmental Data (Statistics in Practice). Wiley, Denver, CO, USA..
- 282007. Snapping turtles (Chelydra serpentina) as bioindicators in Canadian Areas of Concern in the Great Lakes Basin. 1. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers, polychlorinated biphenyls, and organochlorine pesticides in eggs. Environ Sci Technol 41: 7252–7259., , , , , .
- 321997. Foraging ecology and nutrition of sea turtles. In LutzPL, MusickJA, eds, The Biology of Sea Turtles. CRC, Boca Raton, FL, USA, pp 199–231..
- 342007. Historical diet analysis of loggerhead sea turtles (Caretta caretta) in Virginia. Copeia 2: 478–489., .