Evaluation of selected lipid methods for normalizing pollutant bioaccumulation
Article first published online: 20 OCT 2009
Copyright © 1991 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 10, Issue 11, pages 1431–1436, November 1991
How to Cite
Randall, R. C., Lee, H., Ozretich, R. J., Lake, J. L. and Pruell, R. J. (1991), Evaluation of selected lipid methods for normalizing pollutant bioaccumulation. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 10: 1431–1436. doi: 10.1002/etc.5620101108
- Issue published online: 20 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 20 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 APR 1991
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 1990
- 41987. Predicting bioaccumulation Development of a simple partitioning model for use as a screening tool for regulating ocean disposal of wastes In K. L. Dickson, A. W. Maki, and W. A. Brungs, eds., Fate and Effects of Sediment-Bound Chemicals in Aquatic Systems Proceedings, Sixth Pellston Workshop, Florissant, CO, August 12–17, 1984 Pergamon, Elmsford, NY, pp. 151–166., and :
- 61987. Predicting bioaccumulation of sediment associated organic contaminants Development of a regulatory tool for dredged material evaluation Technical Report No D-87 U. S. Environmental Protection Agency for the U. S. Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg, MS., , , , , , and :
- 11McMahon, B. M. and L. D.Sawyer, eds. 1978. Pesticide Analytical Manual, Vol. 1 — Methods Which Detect Multiple Residues. U. S. Food and Drug Administration, Washington, DC.
- 12Lowenstein, J. M., ed. 1969. Lipids In S. P.Colowick and N. O.Kaplan, eds., Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 14 Academic Press, New York, NY.
- 13Clayton, R. B., ed. 1969. Steroids and terpenoids In S. P.Colowick and N. O.Kaplan, eds., Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 15 Academic Press, New York, NY.
- 141986. Techniques of lipidology Isolation, analysis and identification of lipids In R. H.Burdon and P. H.van Knippenberg, eds., Laboratory Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vol. 3, Part 2 Elsevier, New York, NY.:
- 161987. A histopathological and chemical analysis of winter flounder, lobster and soft shelled clam indigenous to Quincy Bay, Boston Harbor and an in situ evaluation of oysters including sediment (surface and cores) chemistry Report No 01A0005433 Final Report U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, Boston, MA.and :
- 17SAS Institute. 1985. SAS® User's Guide Statistics, Version 5 Edition Cary, NC, p 433
- 181981. Biometry. WH Freeman & Company, San Francisco, CA, pp. 245–261.and :
- 19Vance, D. E. and J. E.Vance, eds. 1985. Biochemistry of Lipids and Membranes. Benjamine/Cummings Publishing, Menlo Park, CA.
- 201971. Extraction and purification of lipids I Solubility of lipids in biologically important solvents. Physiol Chem Phys. 3: 98–102.and :
- 211987. Binding of [14C]DDT by submitochondrial particles. Comp Biochem Physiol. 88C: 213–217.and :
- 241957. Introduction to the Theory of Error. Addison-Wesley Publishing, Reading, MA, pp. 26–36.: