Uncertainty, complexity and post-normal science
Article first published online: 21 OCT 2009
Copyright © 1994 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 13, Issue 12, pages 1881–1885, December 1994
How to Cite
Funtowicz, S. O. and Ravetz, J. R. (1994), Uncertainty, complexity and post-normal science. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 13: 1881–1885. doi: 10.1002/etc.5620131203
- Issue published online: 21 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 21 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAY 1994
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAY 1993
- 11990. Uncertainty and Quality in Science for Policy Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands.and .
- 21985. Three types of risk assessment A methodological analysis In C.Whipple and W.Covello, eds., Risk Analysis in the Private Sector Plenum, New York, NY, pp 217–232.and .
- 31991. A new scientific methodology for global environmental issues In R.Costanza, ed., Ecological Economics Columbia University Press, New York, NY, pp 137–152.and .
- 41992. Three types of risk assessment and the emergence of post normal science In D.Golding and S.Krimsky, eds., Social Theories of Risk Praeger, Westport, CT, pp 230–251.and .
- 51962. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.
- 71972. Letters Science 180 1124.
- 81994. The sin of science Ignorance of ignorance Knowledge (Creation-Diffusion-Utilization) 15 157–165.
- 91971. Scientific Knowledge and Its Social Problems Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.