Comparative toxicity of two glyphosate formulations (original formulation of Roundup® and Roundup WeatherMAX®) to six North American larval anurans
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Volume 30, Issue 12, pages 2756–2761, December 2011
How to Cite
Fuentes, L., Moore, L. J., Rodgers, J. H., Bowerman, W. W., Yarrow, G. K. and Chao, W. Y. (2011), Comparative toxicity of two glyphosate formulations (original formulation of Roundup® and Roundup WeatherMAX®) to six North American larval anurans. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 30: 2756–2761. doi: 10.1002/etc.670
- Issue published online: 10 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 SEP 2011 09:16PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 20 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAR 2011
- 12006. Pesticide Use in U.S. Crop Production: 2002 (with Comparison to 1992 and 1997): Fungicides and Herbicides. CropLife Foundation, Washington, DC, USA., .
- 21985. A Guide to Silvicultural Herbicide Use in the Southern United States. Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station, Auburn, AL, USA..
- 32002. Herbicide Prescription Manual for Southern Pine Management, EC-659. Cooperative Extension Service, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA., .
- 62000. Ecotoxicology of Amphibians and Reptiles. SETAC, Pensacola, FL, USA., , .
- 92003. Toxicity of herbicide formulations to frogs and the implications for product registration: A case study from Western Australia. Appl Herpetol 1: 13–22., , .
- 102000. Diversity and distribution of amphibians and reptiles. In Sparling D, Linder G, Bishop C, eds, Ecotoxicology of Amphibians and Reptiles. SETAC, Pensacola, FL, USA, pp 15–69., .
- 132003. Ecological risk assessment for aquatic organisms from over-water uses of glyphosate. J Toxicol Environ Health B 6: 211–246., .
- 211994. Chemistry for Environmental Engineering, 4th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA., , .
- 222001. Limnology: Lake and River Ecosystems, 3rd ed. Elsevier, London UK..
- 24National Research Council. 1974. Amphibians: Guidelines for the Breeding, Care, and Management of Laboratory Animals. Washington, DC.
- 25American Society for Testing and Materials. 2008. Standard guide for conducting acute toxicity tests on aqueous ambient samples and effluents with fishes, macroinvertebrates, and amphibians. E 1192-97. In Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol 11.04. West Conshohocken, PA, pp 812–828.
- 26U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2002. Methods for measuring the acute toxicity of effluents to freshwater and marine organisms, 5th ed. EPA-821-R-02-012. Washington, DC.
- 271997. Glyphosate: A Unique Global Herbicide. ACS Monograph 189. American Chemical Society, Washington DC, pp 163–175., , .
- 31SAS Institute. 2007. SAS® Users Guide, version 9.1. Cary, NC, USA.
- 34U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2004. Overview of the ecological risk assessment process in the office of pesticide programs. Office of Pesticide Programs, Washington, DC.