Presented at Nano 2010: International Conference on the Environmental Effects of Nanomaterials, Clemson University, August, 2010.
Adsorption and desorption of bivalent metals to hematite nanoparticles†
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Special Issue: Nanomaterials in the Environment
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 86–92, January 2012
How to Cite
Grover, V. A., Hu, J., Engates, K. E. and Shipley, H. J. (2012), Adsorption and desorption of bivalent metals to hematite nanoparticles. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31: 86–92. doi: 10.1002/etc.712
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 OCT 2011 10:07PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 1 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 29 SEP 2010
- 12007. Monitored natural attenuation of inorganic contaminants in ground water, vol. 2. Assessment for non-radionuclides including arsenic, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, nickel, nitrate, perchlorate, and selenium. EPA 600/R-07/140. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC..
- 2Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry. 2008. Notice of the revised priority list of hazardous substances that will be the subject of toxicological profiles, vol. 73, no. 45. Federal Register, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- 3U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. 2009. 2009 Edition of the drinking water standards and health advisories. EPA 822-R-09-11. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC.
- 132010. Characterization, sorption, and exhaustion of metal oxide nanoparticles as metal adsorbents. PhD thesis. University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA..
- 152007. Synthesis, Properties, and Applications of Oxide Nanomaterials. Wiley-InterScience, Hoboken, NJ, USA., .
- 201996. The Iron Oxides. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany., .
- 23Sawyer CN, McCarty PL, Parkin GF, eds. 2003. Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science, 5th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA.