Effects of silver nanoparticles on bacterial activity in natural waters
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Special Issue: Nanomaterials in the Environment
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 122–130, January 2012
How to Cite
Das, P., Xenopoulos, M. A., Williams, C. J., Hoque, M. E. and Metcalfe, C. D. (2012), Effects of silver nanoparticles on bacterial activity in natural waters. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31: 122–130. doi: 10.1002/etc.716
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2011 10:00PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 22 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 FEB 2011
- 42009. SMARTEN: Strategic management and assessment of risks and toxicity of engineered nanomaterials. In Linkov I, Steevens J, eds, Nanomaterials: Risks and Benefits. NATO Science for Security and Peace Series–C: Environmental Security. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, pp 95–109., , , , , , et al.
- 17Vive Nano. 2009. Product Information Sheet (Certificate of Analysis): Carboxy-Functionalized Ag Nanoparticles Suspension, Stabilized by Polyacrylate Sodium. 13010L. Toronto, ON, Canada.
- 181993. Use of fluorogenic model substrate for extracellular enzyme activity (EEA) measurement of bacteria. In Kemp PF, Sherr BF, Sherr EB, Cole JJ, eds, Handbookof Methods in Aquatic Microbial Ecology. Lewis, Boca Raton, FL, USA, pp 423–430..
- 201986. Relations between bacterial extracellular enzyme activities and heterotrophic substrate uptake in a brackish water environment. Actes de Colloques, Gerbam-Ifremer 3:119–128..
- 222001. Measuring bacterial biomass production and growth rates from leucine incorporation in natural aquatic environments. In Paul JH, ed, Methods in Microbiology: Marine Microbiology, Vol 30. Academic, New York, NY, USA, pp 227–237..
- 242007. Ecotoxicological impacts of nanomaterials. In Wiesner MR, Bottero JY, eds, Environmental Nanotechnology: Applications and Impacts of Nanomaterials. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, pp 445–480., , , .
- 372009. The Kawartha Lakes. In Adams P, Taylor C, eds, Peterborough and the Kawarthas, 3rd ed. Heritage, Peterborough, ON, Canada, pp 96–118..