Presented at Nano 2010: International Conference on the Environmental Effects of Nanomaterials, Clemson University, August, 2010.
Effect of titanium dioxide nanomaterials and ultraviolet light coexposure on African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis)†
Article first published online: 21 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 SETAC
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
Special Issue: Nanomaterials in the Environment
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 176–183, January 2012
How to Cite
Zhang, J., Wages, M., Cox, S. B., Maul, J. D., Li, Y., Barnes, M., Hope-Weeks, L. and Cobb, G. P. (2012), Effect of titanium dioxide nanomaterials and ultraviolet light coexposure on African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis). Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31: 176–183. doi: 10.1002/etc.718
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 21 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2011 10:01PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 NOV 2010
- 142001. Deleterious effects of sunscreen titanium dioxide nanoparticles on DNA: Efforts to limit DNA damage by particle surface modification. Proc SPIE 42: 86–98., , .
- 15American Society for Testing and Materials. 1992. Standard practice for conducting acute tests with fishes, macroinvertrates and anphibians. In ASTM Standards on Aquactic Toxicology and Hazard Evaluation, Vol 11.04. West Conshohocken, PA, pp 1199–1209.
- 222003. Ammonium perchlorate disruption of thyroid function in natural amphibian populations: assessment and potential impact. In Linder G, ed, Multiple Stressor Effects in Relation to Declining Amphibian Populations. American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, pp 131–142., , , , , .
- 262005. Bioassay analysis using R. J Stat Softw 12: 1–22., .
- 282008. Kinetics and mechanism of hydroxyl radical formation studied via electron spin resonance for photocatalytic nanocrystalline titania: Effect of particle size distribution, concentration, and agglomeration. J Ceram Process Res 9: 146–152., , , .
- 341999. Induction of fibrogenic mediators by fine and ultra-fine titanium dioxide in rat tracheal explants. Am J Physiol 277: 975–982., , .
- 361992. An assay system for developmental toxicity using embryos and larvae of Xenopus laevis. Alternatives to Animal Testing and Experimentation Journal 1: 172–177., , .
- 372005. Guidance on the housing and care of the African clawed frog Xenopus laevis. Report. Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Horsham, United Kingdom..