Joseph Henrich received his Ph.D. in 1999 from the University of California, Los Angeles, and is currently Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Emory University. He was recently a fellow in the Society of Scholars at the University of Michigan and at the Institute for Advanced Study in Berlin. He has conducted ethnographic and experimental research among the Machiguenga of Peru and the Mapuche of southern Chile. His theoretical work has involved constructing formal models of the evolution of cultural learning capacities, cultural evolution, and culture-gene coevolution
The evolution of cultural evolution
Article first published online: 19 MAY 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 123–135, 2003
How to Cite
Henrich, J. and McElreath, R. (2003), The evolution of cultural evolution. Evol. Anthropol., 12: 123–135. doi: 10.1002/evan.10110
- Issue published online: 19 MAY 2003
- Article first published online: 19 MAY 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!