Bruce D. Smith is a Senior Scientist and Director of the Archaeobiology Program, Department of Anthropology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.His recent books include The Mississippian Emergence (1990), Rivers of Changes: Essays on the Early Agriculture of Eastern North America (1992), and The Emergence of Agriculture (1994). He is currently President of the Society for American Archaeology.
The origins of agriculture in the Americas
Article first published online: 2 JUN 2005
Copyright © 1994 Wiley-Liss, Inc., A Wiley Company
Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews
Volume 3, Issue 5, pages 174–184, 1994
How to Cite
Smith, B. D. (1994), The origins of agriculture in the Americas. Evol. Anthropol., 3: 174–184. doi: 10.1002/evan.1360030507
- Issue published online: 2 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 2 JUN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!