Meave Leakey is a research professor in the Department of Anthropology, Stony Brook University, New York. She has carried out field work in the Turkana Basin over the past four decades and currently co-leads the Koobi Fora Research Project with her daughter Louise. She is an Explorer-in-Residence of the National Geographic Society, which has funded field work in East Africa for many decades and currently largely funds the KFRP field research at Turkana. Meave's research interests include the evolution of cercopithecids and hominids and the study of past faunal assemblages as proxies for reconstructing paleohabitats and past environmental changes. Together with Richard and Louise Leakey and in collaboration with Stony Brook University, Meave is developing the Turkana Basin Institute with two research facilities to the east and west of Lake Turkana.
Faunal Change in the Turkana Basin during the Late Oligocene and Miocene
Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews
Special Issue: The Turkana Basin
Volume 20, Issue 6, pages 238–253, November/December 2011
How to Cite
Leakey, M., Grossman, A., Gutiérrez, M. and Fleagle, J. G. (2011), Faunal Change in the Turkana Basin during the Late Oligocene and Miocene. Evol. Anthropol., 20: 238–253. doi: 10.1002/evan.20338
- Issue online: 14 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2011
- National Science Foundation
- National Geographic Society
- LSB Leakey Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!