Investigation of the effects of several porosity variation profiles on performance and pollutants emission of the porous media burners
Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Fire and Materials
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 3–17, January/February 2016
How to Cite
2016) Investigation of the effects of several porosity variation profiles on performance and pollutants emission of the porous media burners. Fire Mater., 40: 3–17. doi: 10.1002/fam.2225., and (
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2016
- Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 26 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 NOV 2012
- 1Effective energy conversion method between gas enthalpy and thermal radiation and application to industrial furnaces. Proc. 7th Int. Heat Transfer conf., München, 1982; 6:361–366..
- 4Analytical study of the structure of radiation controlled flame. International Journal Heat and Mass Transfer 1988; 3l:311–319., , .
- 8Two-dimensional numerical study and pollutants formation in P.M. combust. Science and Technology 1999; 152:57–79..
- 12Heat transfer characteristics of a porous radiant burner under the influence of a 2 D radiation field. Journal Quantitative spectroscopy & Radiative Transfer 2003; 84:1–11., , ,
- 14Transient thermal characteristics of porous radiant burners. Iranian Journal of Science and Tecnology, transaction b:engineering 2007; 31(b4): 407–420., .
- 15Numerical study of the effects of porous burner parameters on combustion and pollutants formation. WCE 2008; 21:1505–1509., .
- 16Compact low emission combustion reactors with integrated heat exchanger using porous medium combustion. In: Proceedings of the first European Conference on small burner Technology and Heating Equipment, Zurich, Switzerland, September 1996; 1:25–26., .
- 18Handbook of Porous Media. Taylor & Francis Group, LIC, 2005..
- 19Numerical simulation of porous burners and hole plate surface burners. Journal Thermal Science 2004; 8:3–17., , .
- 20The Chemkin Thermodynamic Data Base. Sandia National Laboratories. Rept. SAND-8215B, 1992., , .
- 21A fortran computer code package for the evaluation of gas phase multi-component transport properties. Sandia National lab. Report SAND 86-8246, 1996., , , , .
- 23A reduced mechanism for nitrogen chemistry in methane combustion, 24th Symposium (international ) on Combustion. The Combustion Institute 1992; 24(1):889–890., , , , , .
- 25Compact porous medium burner and heat transfer exchanger for household applications. Ec project report, Contact no. JOEC-CT95-0019, 1996., .