Cyclohexanone/sulfonated polymer catalyst: a new simple derivatizing procedure for GC-MS determination of 2- and 3-monochloropropanediols
Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food and Energy Security published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. and the Association of Applied Biologists.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food and Energy Security
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 157–165, September 2013
How to Cite
Food and Energy Security 2013; 2(2): 157–165
- Issue online: 28 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 DEC 2012
- 2010. 3-MCPD in food other than soy sauce or hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP). Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 396:443–456. , , and .
- 2003. 3-MCPD – occurence in bread crust and various food groups as well as formation in toast. Dtsch. Lebensm.-Rundsch. 99:280–285. , , , and .
- 2001. Determination of 3-chloro-1,2-propanediol in foods and food ingredients by gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection: collaborative study. J. AOAC Int. 84:455–465. , , , , and .
- 2012. Simultaneous determination of 2- and 3-monochloropropan-1,3-diol esters in foods by enzymatic hydrolysis and GC-MS detection. Chromatographia 75:1049–1056. , and .
- 2012. MCPD and glycidyl esters in food products. Report/White Paper 2012. Commissioned by the Risk Assessment of Chemicals in Food Task Force and the Process-related Compounds & Natural Toxins Task Force, ILSI Europe Report Series 2012:1–24.
- 2004. Development of an analytical method for 3-monochloropropane-1,2-diol in soy sauce using 4-heptanone as derivatizating agent. Food Addit. Contam. 21:204–209. , and .
- 2004. Determination of free and bound 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol by gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection using deuterated 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol as internal standard. Czech J. Food Sci. 22:182–189. , , , and .
- 1992. Kinetics of 3-chloro-1,2-propanediol degradation in model systems in Proceedings of Chemical Reactions in Foods II Prague, Czech Republic, 24–26 September, pp. 297–302. , and .
- 1995. Kinetics of 2-chloro-1,3-propanediol degradation in model systems and in protein hydrolysates. Potravinarske Vedy 13:85–91. , and .
- EC. 2006. Pp. 5–24 in Commission regulation No. 1881/2006 setting maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs. Official Journal of the European Union, L 364/5. Available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:364:0005:0024:EN:PDF.
- 2012. Novel method for simultaneous monitoring of 2-MCPD, 3-MCPD and glycidyl esters in oils and fats. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 30:1–8. , and .
- European Commission Scientific Committee on Food. 2001. Opinion of the scientific committee on food on 3-monochloro-propane-1,2-diol (3-MCPD) updating the SCF opinion of 1994. Adopted on 30 May 2001. European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2011. Direct determination of MCPD fatty acid esters and glycidyl fatty acid esters in vegetable oils by LC–TOFMS. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 88:1–14. , , , , , and .
- 2011. Pp. 345–355 in Single-laboratory validation of a method to quantify bound 2-chloropropane-1,3-diol and 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol in foodstuffs using acid catalysed transesterification, HFBI derivatisation and GC/MS detection. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. 113:345–355. , and .
- 2004. Chloropropanols and their esters in cereal products. Czech J. Food Sci. 22:259–262. , and .
- 2009. Chloropropanols and chloroesters. Pp. 175–214 in R. H. Stadler and D. R. Lineback, eds. Process-induced food toxicants. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ. , and .
- 2002. Occurrence of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol (3-MCPD) and related compounds in foods: a review. Food Addit. Contam. 19:619–631. , , , , and .
- Health Canada. 2012. Canadian standards (maximum levels) for various chemical contaminants in foods. Available at: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/chem-chim/contaminants-guidelines-directives-eng.php.
- 2012. Simultaneous determination of 3-MCPD fatty acid esters and glycidol fatty acid esters in edible oils using liquid chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. LWT Food Sci. Technol. 48:204–208. , , , , , and .
- 2007. Analysis of the lipid fraction of coffee creamers, cream aerosols, and bouillon cubes for their health risk associated constituents. Czech J. Food Sci. 25:257–264. , , , , and .
- 2011. Bidirectional conversion between 3-monochloro-1,2-propanediol and glycidol in course of the procedure of DGF standard methods. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 88:1143–1151. , , , and .
- 2011. Determination of bound 2,3-epoxy-1-propanol (glycidol) and bound monochloropropanediol (MCPD) in refined oils. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 113:335–344.
- 2010. Rapid and simple micromethod for the simultaneous determination of 3-MCPD and 3-MCPD esters in different foodstuffs. J. Agric. Food Chem. 58:6570–6577. , , , , , and .
- 2009. 3-MCPD esters in food products. ILSI Europe, Brussels, Belgium.
- 1998. Sensitive method for the determination of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol and 2-chloropropane-1,3-diol by capillary gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection. J. Chromatogr. A 802:325–333. , , , and .
- 2012. Novel approaches to analysis of 3-chloropropane1,2-diol esters in vegetable oils. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 402:2871–2883. , , , , , and .
- 2004. Model studies on the formation of monochloropropanediols in the presence of lipase. J. Agric. Food Chem. 52:5102–5108. , , and .
- 2011. Fatty acid esters of chloropropanols and related compounds in food: toxicological aspects. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 113:309–311. , , and .
- 2008. Esters of 3-chloro-1,2-propanediol (3-MCPD) in vegetable oils: significance in the formation of 3-MCPD. Food Addit. Contam. 25:391–400. , , , , , and .
- 2004. Esters of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol in foodstuffs. Czech J. Food Sci. 22:190–196. , , , , , and .
- 2009. Chloropropanols. Pp. 539–562 in R. H. Stadler and D. R. Lineback, eds. Process-induced food toxicants. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ.
- 2008. Determination of total 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol (3-MCPD) in edible oils by cleavage of MCPD esters with sodium methoxide. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 110:183–186.
- 2010. Pp. 158–165 in Fatty acid esters of glycidol in refined fats and oils. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 112:158–165. , and .
- 2006. The simultaneous separation and determination of chloropropanols in soy sauce and other flavoring with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry in negative chemical and electron impact ionization modes. Food Addit. Contam. 23:110–119. , , , , and .
- 2006. Fatty acid esters of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol in edible oils. Food Addit. Contam. 23:1290–1298. , , , and .
- 2008. Occurence of 3-MCPD fatty acid esters in human breast milk. Food Addit. Contam. 25:669–676. , , , , , and .
- 2009. Occurrence of 3-chloropropane-1,2-diol fatty acid esters in infant and baby foods. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 228:571–578. , , and .