3D simulation of wind turbine rotors at full scale. Part II: Fluid–structure interaction modeling with composite blades
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids
Special Issue: Advances in computational fluid mechanics and fluid-structure interactions: A tribute to Yoichiro Matsumoto on the occasion of his 60th birthday
Volume 65, Issue 1-3, pages 236–253, 10 - 30 January 2011
How to Cite
Bazilevs, Y., Hsu, M.-C., Kiendl, J., Wüchner, R. and Bletzinger, K.-U. (2011), 3D simulation of wind turbine rotors at full scale. Part II: Fluid–structure interaction modeling with composite blades. Int. J. Numer. Meth. Fluids, 65: 236–253. doi: 10.1002/fld.2454
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 9 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2010
- 2Long LN. 3-D time-accurate CFD simulations of wind turbine rotor flow fields. AIAA Paper 2006-0394, 2006..
- 3Overset grid flow simulation on a modern wind turbine. AIAA Paper 2008-6727, 2008., .
- 5A wind turbine tower design based on fibre-reinforced composites, Technical Report, Joint Research Centre—Ispra, European Laboratory for Structural Assessment (ELSA), Institute For Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC), European Commission, 2003., , , , , , , , , , .
- 103D simulation of wind turbine rotors at full scale. Part I: geometry modeling and aerodynamics. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 2010; DOI: 10.1002/fld.2400., , , , , , , .
- 19Definition of a 5-MW reference wind turbine for offshore system development. Technical Report NREL/TP-500-38060, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO, 2009., , , .
- 20Mechanics of Laminated Composite Plates and Shells: Theory and Analysis (2nd edn). CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL, 2004..
- 24Computation of unsteady incompressible flows with the finite element methods—space–time formulations, iterative strategies and massively parallel implementations. New Methods in Transient Analysis. PVP, vol.246/AMD, vol. 143. ASME: New York, 1992; 7–24., , , .
- 26Finite element methods for fluid dynamics with moving boundaries and interfaces. In Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics, Volume 3: Fluids, Chapter 17, SteinE, de BorstR, HughesTJR (eds). Wiley: New York, 2004..
- 32The Finite Element Method: Linear Static and Dynamic Finite Element Analysis. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1987..
- 35Engineering Mechanics of Composite Materials. Oxford University Press: New York, NY, 1994., .
- 36FAST user's guide. Technical Report NREL/EL-500-38230, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO, 2005., .