David Smith was born in Lyndhurst, UK, in 1963. He received a BA in Mathematics from Cambridge University in 1984 and obtained an MPhil in Control Engineering and Operational Research from the same university the following year. He has been with the Research Division of the Central Electricity Generating Board for three years, working mainly on demand forecasting methods.
Combination of forecasts in electricity demand prediction
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2006
Copyright © 1989 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Forecasting
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 349–356, July/September 1989
How to Cite
Smith, D. G. C. (1989), Combination of forecasts in electricity demand prediction. J. Forecast., 8: 349–356. doi: 10.1002/for.3980080316
- Issue published online: 27 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Revised: MAY 1988
- Manuscript Received: JUN 1987
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!