Scientist in the Environmental and Societal Impacts Group, National Center for Atmospheric Research. His research interests include the application of statistics to the environmental sciences. He has published articles in Journal of Applied Probability, Journal of Forecasting, Technometrics, The American Statistician and The Review of Economics and Statistics, as well as in various meteorological journals. He is co-editor of the book Probability, Statistics, and Decision Making in the Atmospheric Sciences.
Quality/value relationships for imperfect weather forecasts in a prototype multistage decision-making model
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2006
Copyright © 1990 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Forecasting
Volume 9, Issue 1, pages 75–86, January/February 1990
How to Cite
Katz, R. W. and Murphy, A. H. (1990), Quality/value relationships for imperfect weather forecasts in a prototype multistage decision-making model. J. Forecast., 9: 75–86. doi: 10.1002/for.3980090107
- Issue published online: 23 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Received: SEP 1988
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!