Kyoko Sato and Ippei Suzuki contributed equally to this study.
Estimation of daily aluminum intake in Japan based on food consumption inspection results: impact of food additives
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 389–397, July 2014
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2014; 2(4): 389–397
- Issue online: 11 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 26 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 25 NOV 2013
- Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
- 2008. Safety of aluminium from dietary intake-scientific opinion of the panel on food additives, flavourings, processing aids and food contact materials (AFC). EFSA J. 754:1–34. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Aluminium in food and daily dietary intake estimate in Greece. Food Addit. Contam. 5:33–44. , , , and .
- 2003. Mineral content in legumes and nuts: contribution to the Spanish dietary intake. Sci. Total Environ. 308:1–14. , , , , and .
- 2013. Estimation of dietary aluminum exposure of the Belgian adult population: evaluation of contribution of food and kitchenware. Food Chem. Toxicol. 55:602–608. , , , and .
- 2007. Dietary and other sources of aluminium intake. 1st ed. Pp. 26–49 in D. J. Chadwick, and J. Whelan, eds. Aluminium in biology and medicine (Novartis Foundation). John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK. .
- 2002. Daily intake of food additives in Japan in five age groups estimated by the market basket method. Eur. Food Res. Technol. 215:367–374. , , , , , and .
- 2013. Dietary exposure to aluminium of urban residents from cities in South China. Food Addit. Contam. 4:37–41. , , , , , , et al.
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. 1989. Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants. WHO Tech. Rep. Ser. 776:26–27.
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. 2007. Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants. WHO Tech. Rep. Ser. 940:33–44.
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. 2011. Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants. WHO Tech. Rep. Ser. 966:7–17.
- 1992. Aluminium in foodstuffs and diets in Sweden. Z Lebensm. Unters. Forsch. 194:38–42. , and .
- 2005. Dietary exposure estimates of 18 elements from the 1st French Total Diet Study. Food Addit. Contam. 22:624–641. , , , , , and .
- 2001. Estimation of daily dietary intake of aluminum. Food Hyg. Saf. Sci. 42:18–23. , , , and .
- 1998. Aluminium in foodstuffs. Food Chem. 61:419–428. , , and .
- 2007. Handbook on the toxicology of metals. 3rd ed. Academic Press, Waltham, MA. , , , and .
- 1988. Aluminium content of foods and diets. Food Addit. Contam. 5:161–232.
- 1995. Estimates of dietary exposure to aluminium. Food Addit. Contam. 12:119–128. , and .
- 2010. Aluminium and iron in humans: bioaccumulation, pathology, and removal. Rejuvenation Res. 13:589–598. .
- 2011. Double-blind, vehicle-controlled randomized twelve-month neurodevelopmental toxicity study of common aluminum salts in the rat. Neuroscience 193:338–362. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Aluminium content of some foods and food products in the USA, with aluminium food additives. Food Addit. Contam. 22:234–244. , and .
- 2012. Effects of aluminum on immune functions of cultured splenic T and B lymphocytes in rats. Biol. Trace Elem. Res. 147:246–250. , , , , , , et al.
- 1999. Concentrations of Al in food sold in Montreal, Canada, and its daily dietary intake. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 242:807–809. , and .
- 1991. Determination of aluminum in foods by stabilized temperature platform graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. J. Agric. Food Chem. 39:724–726. , , , , , and .
- 1994. Closed-vessel microwave acid digestion of foodstuffs and trace aluminum determination by graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. J. Agric. Food Chem. 42:1948–1953. , , and .