Effect of heat–moisture treatment on digestibility of different cultivars of sweet potato (Ipomea batatas (L.) Lam) starch
Article first published online: 20 APR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 398–402, July 2014
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2014; 2(4): 398–402
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 20 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 28 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 22 DEC 2013
- University of Sri Jayawardenepura
- 1993. Stabilization of paste viscosity of cassava by heat moisture treatment. Starch/Stärke 45:131–135.
- 1999. Heat – moisture treatment of sweet potato starch. Food Chem. 65:339–346. , and .
- 1980. Characteristics of starches from tropical food plants; α-amylase hydrolysis, swelling and solubility patterns. Ann. Technol. Agric. 29:53–67. , and .
- 1983. Differential scanning calorimetry of heat – moisture treated wheat and potato starches. Cereal Chem. 60:381–387. , , and .
- 1984. Starch digestibility of foods: a nutritional perspective. CRC Critical Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 20:47–71. , , and .
- 1995. Effect of the heat–moisture treatment on the enzymatic susceptibility of corn starch granules. Starch/Stärke 47:223–228. , , and .
- 1994. Effects of heat–moisture treatment on the structure and physicochemical properties of cereal, legume and tuber starches. Carbohydr. Res. 252:33–53. , and .
- 1988. Underground crops. Long-term trends in production of roots and tubers. Winrock International Institute of Agricultural Development, Morrilton, AR.
- 1998. Hydrothermal modification of granular starch, with retention of the granular structure: a review. J. Agric. Food Chem. 46:2895–2905. , and .
- 1990. Annealing of maize starches at elevated temperatures. Cereal Chem. 67:376–384.
- 1993. Susceptibility of heat – moisture treated starches to pancreatic α- amylase and the formation of resistant starch by heat moisture treatment. Denpun Kagaku 40:285–290.
- 1975. Sweet potato starch; Physicochemical properties of whole starch. Phillipp. Agric. 58:338–350. , , and .
- 1991. Comparative study on digestibility of raw and cooked starch of different tuber crops. J Root Crops 17:255–258. , and .
- 1996. Physicochemical properties of starches from purple and orange fleshed sweet potato roots at two levels of fertilizer. Starch/Starke 48:395–396. , , , , , , et al.
- 1997. Review: towards an understanding of starch granule structure and hydrolysis. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 8:375–382.
- 1969. Investigation on starches from major starch crops grown in Ghana, II Swelling and solubility patterns: amyloclastic susceptibility. J. Sci. Food Agric. 20:642–646.
- 2013. Comparative analysis of nutritional quality of five different cultivars of sweet potatoes (Ipomea batatas (L.) Lam) in Sri Lanka. Food Sci. Nutr. 4:284–291. , , , and .
- 1981. Factors affecting the rate of hydrolysis of starch in food. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 34:2721–2727. , and .
- 1992. Hydrothermal modification of starches: The difference between. J. Biol. Macromolecules 27:1–12.
- 1988. Influence of steeping conditions for kernels on some properties of corn starch. Starch/Stärke 40:132–135. , , and .
- 2000. Annealing of starch – a review. International treatment on the enzymatic susceptibility of corn starch granules. Starch/Stärke 42:287–299. , and .
- 1989. Digestibility of sweet potato starch In Improvement of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) in Asia: report of the Workshop on Sweet Potato Improvement in Asia held at ICAR, 24–28 October 1988, Trivandrum, India. , and .
- 1992. P.643 in Sweet potato: an untapped food resource. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, U.K.
- 1985. Roots and vines as animal feed. Pp. 235–253 in J. C. Bouwkamp, ed. Sweet potato products: a natural resource for the tropics. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. , and .
- 1999. Relationship between α-amylase degradation and physicochemical properties of sweet potato starches. Food Chem. 65:157–163. , and .