Flaking process increases the NF-κB inhibition activity and melanoidin extractability of coffee
Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 5, pages 363–368, September 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(5): 363–368
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 23 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 JUL 2012
- Kraft Foods Global Brands
- LLC (Y.-F. C.)
- 2006. High molecular weight melanoidins from coffee brew. J. Agric. Food Chem. 54:7658–7666. , , , and .
- 2002. Chemical characterization and antioxidant properties of coffee melanoidins. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50:6527–6533. , , , , and .
- 2011. Supercritical CO2 decaffeination of unroasted coffee beans produces melanoidins with distinct NF-κB inhibitory activity. J. Food Sci. 76:H182–H186. DOI: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2011.02304.x. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Roasted coffees high in lipophilic antioxidants and chlorogenic acid lactones are more neuroprotective than green coffee. J. Agric. Food Chem. 57:9801–9808. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Type 2 diabetes-related bioactivities of coffee: assessment of antioxidant activity, NF-κB inhibition, and stimulation of glucose uptake. Food Chem. 124:914–920. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Dicinnamoylquinides in roasted coffee inhibit the human adenosine transporter. Eur. J. Pharmacol. 442:215–223. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Quantification of PRL/Stat5 signaling with a novel pGL4-CISH reporter. BMC Biotechnol. 8:11. , , , and .
- 2005. Effect of roasting on the formation of chlorogenic acid lactones in coffee. J. Agric. Food Chem. 53:1505–1513. , , , and .
- 2006. Chlorogenic acids and lactones in regular and water-decaffeinated arabica coffees. J. Agric. Food Chem. 54:374–381. , , , , and .
- 2011. Estimation of dietary intake of melanoidins from coffee and bread. Food Funct. 2:117–123. , and .
- 1996. Food browning and its prevention: an overview. J. Agric. Food Chem. 44:631–653.
- 2001. Model studies on the influence of coffee melanoidins on flavor volatiles of coffee beverages. J. Agric. Food Chem. 49:2382–2386. , , , and .
- 2002. Development and validation of oxygen radical absorbance capacity assay for lipophilic antioxidants using randomly methylated beta-cyclodextrin as the solubility enhancer. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50:1815–1821. , , , , and .
- 1996. Determination of chlorogenic acids with lactones in roasted coffee. J. Sci. Food Agric. 71:392–398. , , , and .
- 1999. Chlorogenic acids and other cinnamates – nature, occurrence and dietary burden. J. Sci. Food Agric. 79:362–372.
- 2005. Contribution of chlorogenic acids to the iron-reducing activity of coffee beverages. J. Agric. Food Chem. 53:1399–1402. , , , , and .
- 2009. Coffee consumption and the risk of cancer: an overview. Cancer Lett. 277:121–125.
- 2001. Development and validation of an improved oxygen radical absorbance capacity assay using fluorescein as the fluorescent probe. J. Agric. Food Chem. 49:4619–4626. , , and .
- 2006. Coffee consumption and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus – an 11-year prospective study of 28 812 postmenopausal women. Arch. Intern. Med. 166:1311–1316. , , and .
- 2008. Comprehensive analysis of major and minor chlorogenic acids and lactones in economically relevant Brazilian coffee cultivars. Food Chem. 106:859–867. , , , , and .
- 2003. Contribution of beverages to the intake of lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidants in the Spanish diet. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 57:1275–1282. , , and .
- 1999. Oxidant stress regulation of IL-8 and ICAM-1 gene expression: differential activation and binding of the transcription factors AP-1 and NF-kappa B. Int. J. Mol. Med. 4:223–230.
- 2008. Nuclear factor-kB activation: from bench to bedside. Exp. Biol. Med. 233:21–31. , , and .
- 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 16:144–158. , and .
- 2004. Intakes of antioxidants in coffee, wine, and vegetables are correlated with plasma carotenoids in humans. J. Nutr. 134:562–567. , , , , , , et al.
- 2008. Coffee, glucose homeostasis, and insulin resistance: physiological mechanisms and mediators. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 33:1290–1300. , and .
- 2004. Lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidant capacities of common foods in the United States. J. Agric. Food Chem. 52:4026–4037. , , , , , and .
- 2001. Therapeutic potential of inhibition of the NF-kappaB pathway in the treatment of inflammation and cancer. J. Clin. Invest. 107:135–142. , and .