Royal jelly enhances antigen-specific mucosal IgA response
Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 222–227, May 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(3): 222–227
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2012
- Yamada Apiculture Center
- 2003. Mucosal immunization and adjuvants: a brief overview of recent advances and challenges. Vaccine 21:S89–S95. , , , and .
- 2011. Royalactin induces queen differentiation in honeybees. Nature 473:478–483.
- 1997. Conversion by Peyer's patch lymphocytes of human enterocytes into M cells that transport bacteria. Science 277:949–952. , , , and .
- 2004. Royal jelly inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 68:138–145. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Epithelial M cells: differentiation and function. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 16:301–332. , and .
- 2006. The immunostimulatory effect of the recombinant apalbumin 1- major honeybee royal jelly protein-on TNFalpha release. Int. Immunopharmacol. 6:269–278. , , , and .
- 2011. Lectin anchored PLGA nanoparticles for oral mucosal immunization against hepatitis B. J. Drug Target. 19:67–78. , , , , and .
- 2009. Targeted delivery of immunogen to primate m cells with tetragalloyl lysine dendrimer. J. Immunol. 182:6061–6070. , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. A novel M cell-specific carbohydrate-targeted mucosal vaccine effectively induces antigen-specific immune responses. J. Exp. Med. 204:2789–2796. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Major royal jelly protein 3 modulates immune responses in vitro and in vivo. Life Sci. 73:2029–2045. , , , , , , et al.
- 1999. M cells as ports of entry for enteroinvasive pathogens: mechanisms of interaction, consequences for the disease process. Semin. Immunol. 11:193–203. , and .
- 1996. A royal jelly as a new potential immunomodulator in rats and mice. Comp. Immunol. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. 19:31–38. , , , , , and .
- 2005. Transgene vaccination using Ulex europaeus agglutinin I (UEA-1) for targeted mucosal immunization against HIV-1 envelope. Vaccine 23:3836–3842. , , , , , and .