Effect of processing methods on the chemical composition of Vitex doniana leaf and leaf products
Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 241–245, May 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(3): 241–245
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 2 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 OCT 2012
- The parents of Osum Frances – Chief and Mrs. C. E. Osum
- 1983. Ascorbic acid content of some Nigerian, local fruits and vegetables. Qualitas plantanum. Plant Food Hum. Nutri. 33:261–266.
- 1995. Nutrient and anti-nutrient composition of some tropical leafy vegetables. Food Chem. 53:375–379. , and .
- 1994. Pp. 142–159 in Water soluble vitamin assays in human nutrition. Chapman & Hall, London.
- 1992. Nutrient content of selected indigenous leafy vegetables consumed by the Kekchi people of Alta Verapaz, Guatemala. J. Food compost. Anal. 3:47–53.
- 1955. The Useful Plants of West Africa, 2nd Reprint. The Crown Agents, for Government and Administration London. .
- 1988. Reversed phase HPLC analysis of α- and β- carotene from selected raw and cooked vegetables. Plant Foods Hum. Nutr. 38:333–341. , , and .
- 1975. Tests and intervals suggested by the data. Biometrics 31:339–359.
- 1978. Pp. 293–303 in Food microbiology. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York. , and .
- 1998. Pp. 344–346 in Human nutrition and dietetics. Harcourt Brace, China. , and , eds.
- 2003. African traditional leafy vegetables and the urban and peri-urban poor. Food Policy 28:221–235. , , , and .
- 1976. Pp. 11–41 in The cultivation of Amaranth as a tropical leaf vegetable. Communication 67, Department of Agriculture Research, Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. .
- 1985. Pp. 82–86, 293–298 in Integrated food science and technology for the tropic. Macmillan and Publishers Ltd., London. , and .
- 1961. Pp. 761–762 in Woody plants of Ghana. Oxford Univ. Press, London. .
- 1977. Determination of total plasma tocopherol in the presence of carotenes. Pol. Arch. water 20:45–57. , , and .
- 1964. Irvingiaceae in Pp. 493–497 Nigerian trees, Vol. II. Department of Forestry Research, Ibadan. , , and .
- 1968. Food composition table for use in Africa. Available at http://www.Fao. Org/docrep/003/X6877E00.htm (accessed April 13, 2012). , , and .
- Nestle, 2000. P. 21 in Food politics. University of California Press, Berkeley.
- 2005. Effect of blanching on the green leafy vegetables. Food Sci. Tech. LWT 38:513–517.
- 2003. Biochemical changes in Cassava products (flour and gari) subjected to Saccharomyces cerevisae solid media fermentation. Food Chem. 82:599–602. , and .
- 1995. Conservation and use of traditional vegetables from woody forest species in Southeastern Nigeria. in Proceedings of the (PGR) workshop on Genetic Resources of Traditional Vegetables in Africa. Nairobi. .
- 1992. Comparison of proteins, minerals and vitamin C content of some dried leafy vegetables. Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res. 35:267–269.
- 1975. Pp. 122–129 in Dietary importance of fruits and vegetables. First National Seminar on Fruits and Vegetables. Ibadan. , and .
- 1976. Pp. 19–35 in The chemical analysis of food. 7th ed. Churchill Livingstone Edinburgh, London. .
- SCN. 2010. Standing Committee on Nutrition. 6th report on the World Nutrition situation, UNSCN Secretariat, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1980. Water relations of food spoilage micro-process during baking of African bread fruit seeds. IJFP 7:585–602.
- 1989. Pp. 689–699 in Test book of quantitative chemistry analysis. Longman publisher Ltd, Singapore. .
- 2002. Pp. 672–675 in Perspective in nutrition. 5th ed. McGraw Hill Companies, Inc., New York. , and .
- 1996. Nutrition for Health and Health care. West Publ. Co., Toronto. Pp. 39–45, 643. , , , and .
- WHO. 2009. Global prevalence of vitamin a deficiency in populations at risk 1993–2005. WHO data base on Vitamin A deficiency, Geneva, World Health Organization.
- 1995. Effect of home processing on ascorbic acid and beta-carotene content of spinach (Spinachia olercia) and amaranth (Amaranthus tricolor) leaves. Plant Foods Hum. Nutri. 47:125–131. , and .