Influence of treatments in the quality of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 3, pages 246–253, May 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(3): 246–253
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2013
- Scientific and Technological Research National Council of Brazil
- 2005. Effects of superchilling storage on maintenance of quality and freshness of swordtip squid (Loligo edulis). Food Sci. Technol. Res. 11:355–361. , , , and .
- AOAC. 2000. Official methods of the association of official agricultural chemist's international. AOAC International, Gaithersburg.
- 1990. Bacterial flora of fishes: a review. Microb. Ecol. 19:21–41.
- 2013. Shelf life of air and modified atmosphere-packaged fresh tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets stored under chilled and superchilled conditions. Food Sci. Nutr. 1:130–140. , , , , , and .
- 1998. The microbiology of meat and poultry. Blackie Academic & Professional, London. , and .
- FAO. 2005-2013. Cultured Aquatic Species Information Programme. Oreochromis niloticus. Text by J. E. Rakocy. In: FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Department [online]. Rome.
- FAO. 2009. CX/CF 09/3/3-Rev.1. Joint FAO/WHO Expert meeting on the benefits and risks of the use of chlorine-containing disinfectants in food production and food processing. Rotterdam.
- 2009. Shelf life extension of seafood using sanitized ice. [Master Thesis]. Ohio State University, Columbus. .
- 2007. Effects of cooking method on chemical composition and fat profile of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus Linnaeus, 1757) fillets. Ciênc. Agrotec. 31:798–803. , , , , , and .
- 2010. Microbial growth in chicken breast products during supply chain simulation. Ciênc. Tecnol. Aliment. 30:870–877. , , and .
- 1997. Public, animal, and environmental health implications of aquaculture. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 3:453–457. , , and .
- HPA. 2009. Health Protection Agency. Guidelines for assessing the microbiological safety of ready-to-eat foods. Health Protection Agency, London.
- 1988. Fresh fish - Quality and quality changes. Training manual. United Nations, FAO/DANIDA, Rome.
- ICMSF. 1978. International commission on microbiological specifications for foods. Microorganisms in foods: their significance and methods of enumeration. University of Toronto, Toronto.
- 2005. Properties of tilapia carboxy- and oxyhemoglobin at postmortem pH. J. Agric. Food Chem. 53:3643–3649. , , and .
- 2001. Effect of modified atmosphere packaging at vacuum in the quality of king weakfish (Macrodon ancylodon). Rev. Bras. Agroc. 7:64–67. , , and .
- 2008. Proposed new color retention method for tilapia fillets (O. niloticus and O. aureus) by euthanatizing with reduced carbon monoxide. J. Food Proc. Pres. 32:729–739. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Quantitative microbial risk assessment exemplified by Staphylococcus aureus in unripened cheese made from raw milk. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 78:155–170. , , and .
- 2010. Quality of sausage elaborated using minced Nile tilapia submitted to cold storage. Sci. Agric. 67:183–190. , , , , and .
- 2008. Physical-chemical evaluation of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets submitted to sanitization. Ciênc. Tecnol. Aliment. 28:83–89. , , , , , , et al.
- 1994. Effects of mincing and frozen storage on functional properties of ray muscle (Raja clavata). J. Sci. Food Agric. 66:35–44. , , and .
- 1995. Shelf life of modified-atmosphere-packaged fresh tilapia fillets stored under refrigeration and temperature-abuse conditions. J. Food Prot. 58:908–914. , , and .
- 2004. Effect of chlorinated ice on chemical and microbiological features of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) flesh. Ciênc. Tecnol. Aliment. 24:680–684. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Effects of modified atmosphere and vacuum on the shelf-life of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fillets. Braz. J. Food Technol. 8:7–15. , , , , and .
- 2004. Smoking process of whole eviscerated and fillet of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): organoleptic characteristics, proximate composition and losses during processing. Rev. Bras. Zootec. 33:27–36. , , , and .
- 1992. Bacteriological profile and shelf life of white amur (Ctenophayngodon idella). J. Food Sci. 57:66–68. , and .
- 1990. Modeling of bacterial growth curve. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 56:1875–1881. , , , and .