Improvement in the traditional processing method and nutritional quality of traditional extruded cassava-based snack (modified Ajogun)
Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 4, pages 350–356, July 2013
How to Cite
Obadina, A. O., Oyewole, O. B. and Williams, O. E. (2013), Improvement in the traditional processing method and nutritional quality of traditional extruded cassava-based snack (modified Ajogun). Food Science & Nutrition, 1: 350–356. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.43
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 20 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 DEC 2012
- 1998. Physico-chemical properties and garrification of selected cassava cultivars in River State. Plant Food Hum. Nutr. 52:133–140. , , and .
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- 2006. Food processing handbook EDICION. Wiley-VCH. Gmb, Germany.
- 2002. Blueberry and grape anthocyanins as breakfast cereal colorants. J. Food Sci. 67:438–441. , , , and .
- 2006. Chocolate and prevention of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. Nutr. Metab. 3:2. , , , and .
- Food and Agriculture Organization. 2002. The cassava transformation in Africa. Publishing Management Service, Information Division, FAO, Rome, Italy.
- 1985. Integrated food science and technology for the tropics. McMillan Publisher, London. pp. 189, 275, and 291. , and .
- 2007. Current trends in sensory evaluation of foods. Rejoint Communication Services, Uwani Enugu, Nigeria.
- 1998. Studies on the proximate composition and effect of flour particle size on acceptability of biscuit produced from blends of soyabeans and plantain flours. Namida Tech-Scope J. 3:17–21. , , and .
- 1990. Physical properties of food and its processing systems. Hartnolls Limited, Bodmin Cornwall, U.K.
- 1979. Physicochemical and functional properties of cowpea powders processed to reduce beany flavours. J. Food Sc. 44:1235–1240. , and .
- 2003. Development of the small and medium scale enterprises sector producing cassava-base products. Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (UNAAB). Available at www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2003/19edu02html (accessed March 28, 2003). .
- 2002. Development of a protein-rich composite sorghum-cowpea instant porridge by extrusion cooking process. Lebenson Wiss U Technol. 35:120–127. , , and .
- 1973. Food extrusion. Food Technol. 27:46–53. , and .
- 2009. The effect of extrusion cooking using different water feed rates on the quality of ready-to-eat snacks made from food by-products. Food Chem. J. 144:229–232. , , , and .