Comparative lethality kinetic curves and predictive models of F-value for Listeria monocytogenes using different sanitizers
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 27–31, January 2013
How to Cite
Beltrame, C. A., Kubiak, G. B., Rottava, I., Toniazzo, G., Cansian, R. L., Lerin, L. A., de Oliveira, D. and Treichel, H. (2013), Comparative lethality kinetic curves and predictive models of F-value for Listeria monocytogenes using different sanitizers. Food Science & Nutrition, 1: 27–31. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.5
- Issue published online: 8 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 17 AUG 2012
- 2007. Susceptibility of Listeria monocytogenes strains to disinfectants and chlorinated alkaline cleaners at cold temperatures. Food Sci. Technol. 40:1041–1048. , , , and .
- 1990. Mathematical model of thermal destruction of Bacillus stearothermophilus spores. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 56:3073–3080. , , , and .
- 1984. Preformulation method for parenteral preservative efficacy evaluation. J. Pharm. Sci. 73:903–905. , , and .
- 2008. Controle da higienização na indústria de alimentos. Pp. 185–221 in N. J. Andrade, ed. Higiene na indústria de alimentos: avaliação e controle da adesão e formação de biofilmes bacterianos. Varela, São Paulo. , , and .
- 2005. Pathogen resistance to sanitizers. Pp. 69–92 in H. L. M. Lelieveld, M. A. Mostert and J. Holah, eds. Handbook of hygiene control in the food industry. Woodhead Publishing Limited, England. , and .
- 1920. Short-time pasteurization of milk. Ind. Eng. Chem. 35:71–85.
- 2012. Influence of different sanitizers on food contaminant bacteria: effect of exposure temperature, contact time, and product concentration. Ciênc. Tecnol. Aliment. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0101-20612012005000046. , , , , , , et al.
- 1999. Simple method to observe the adaptive response of Listeria monocytogenes in food. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 29:350–353. , and .
- 2005. Acid-tolerant Listeria monocytogenes persist in a model food system fermented with nisin-producing bacteria. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 40:237–242. , and .
- 1966. Effect of 3% hydrogen peroxide on the viability of Serratia marcescens. J. Bacteriol. 91:925–929. , and .
- 2003. Removal of Listeria monocytogenes and poultry soil-containing biofilms using chemical cleaning and sanitizing agents under static conditions. Food Prot. Trends 23:654–663. , , and .
- 2005. Effectiveness of disinfectants used in the food industry on microorganisms of sanitary interest. Acta Aliment. 34:253–258. , , , and .
- 2011. Resistance to benzalkonium chloride, peracetic acid and nisin during formation of mature biofilms by Listeria monocytogenes. Food Microbiol. 28:418–425. , , and .
- 1998. Dry fermented sausages. Meat Sci. 49:169–177.
- 2009. Model systems allowing quantification of sensitivity to disinfectants and comparison of disinfectant susceptibility of persistent and presumed non persistent Listeria monocytogenes. J. Appl. Microbiol. 106:1667–1681. , and .
- 1984. Influence of temperature on the synergistic sporicidal effect of peracetic acid plus hydrogen peroxide on Bacillus subtilis SA22 (NCA 72–52). Food Microbiol. 1:199–203.
- 2003. Determination of decimal reduction (D-value) of chemical agents used in hospital disinfection. Braz. J. Microbiol. 34:33–34. , , and .
- 1987. Listeria monocytogenes, recent advances in the taxonomy and epidemiology of listeriosis in humans. J. Appl. Bacteriol. 63:1–11.
- 1996. Bacteriocins for control of Listeria spp. in food. J. Food Prot. 59:54–63.
- 1979. Linear regression method for rapid determination of cosmetic preservative efficacy. J. Soc. Cosm. Chem. 30:321–332.
- 2006. Resistance of Listeria monocytogenes biofilms to sanitizing agents in a simulated food processing environment. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 72:7711–7717. , , and .
- 1948a. Bacteriological considerations relating to process evaluation. Food Technol. 2:115–132.
- 1948b. A technique for studying resistance of bacterial spores to temperatures in the higher range. Food Technol. 2:228–240.
- 1991. Neutalization efficacy of Dey-Engley medium in testing of contact lens disinfecting solutions. J. Appl. Bacteriol. 70:351–354. , , and .
- 2005. Fate of Listeria monocytogenes in experimentally contaminated French sausages. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 101:189–200. , , , and .
- 1983. Hydrogen peroxide and other oxidant disinfectants. Pp. 240–250 in S. S. Block, ed. Disinfection, sterilization, and preservation. Lea & Feabiger, Philadelphia.
- 1992. Incidence of Listeria in small goods. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 14:167–169.