Effect of gamma irradiation on physicochemical properties of stored pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) flour
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 5, pages 377–383, September 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(5): 377–383
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2013
- AOAC. 2000. P. 1230 in Official methods of analysis international. 17th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- 1986. Chemical composition of some under exploited leguminous crop seeds in Nigeria. J. Agric. Food Chem. 34:189–192. , and .
- 2007. Microbial quality evaluation of velvet beans (Mucuna pruriens L. DC.) exposed to ionizing radiation. Trop. Subtrop. Agroecosyst. 7:29–40. , , and .
- 2008. Nutritional quality evaluation of velvet bean seed (Mucuna pruriens) exposed to gamma irradiation. Int. J. Food Sci. Nutr. 54:261–278. , , and .
- 2009. Influence of gamma radiation on the nutritional and functional qualities of lotus seed flour. J. Agric. Food Chem. 57:9524–9531. , , , , and .
- 2006. Antinutrients and in vitro availability of iron in irradiated common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris). Food Chem. 98:85–89. , and .
- 2000. Denaturation process in gamma irradiated protein studied by differential scanning colorimetry. Radiat. Phys. Chem. 58:233–243. , , and .
- 1995. P. 189 in Safety of irradiated foods. 2nd ed. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York.
- FAO/IAEA/USDA. 2003. P. 85 in Manual for product quality control and shipping procedures for sterile Mass-Reared Tephritid fruit flies. Ver. 5.0. International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria.
- 1987. Vegetable pigeon pea promising crop in India. ICRISAT, Patancheru, AP, India. , , , and .
- 1998. Irradiation as a method for decontamination food. A review. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 44:189–194.
- 2006. Proximate, mineral and anti-nutritional factors of some under-utilized grain legumes in South-West Nigeria. Nutr. Food Sci. 38:18–23. , , , , and .
- 2009. Chemical and sensory qualities of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) developed into a local spice'dawadawa'. Niger. Food J. 27:150–158. , , , , and .
- 2010. Physico-chemical and sensory properties of pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan) flours. Afr. J. Food Sci. 4:120–126. , , , , , , et al.
- 1998. Decontamination of dry food ingredients and seeds with soft electrons (low energy electrons). Food Sci. Technol. Tokyo 4:114–120.
- 2008. Methodology towards a sterile insect technique field release of Anopheles arabiensis mosquitoes in Sudan: irradiation, transportation, and field cage experimentation. Malar. J. 7:1–10. , , , , , and .
- 2000. Changing attitudes to irradiation throughout the food chain. Radiat. Phys. Chem. 57:239–243.
- 2010. Effect of gamma irradiation, packaging and storage on the nutrients and shelf life of palm dates. J. Food Process. Preserv. 34:622–638. , , , , , and .
- 1987. Protein solubility, emulsifying stability and capacity of two defatted corn germ proteins. J. Food Sci. 52:1615. , and .
- 2009. The nutrient and functional properties of dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) as affected by gamma irradiation. Pak. J. Nutr 8:1739–1742. , , and
- 1976. Cowpea powders dried with methionine. Preparation, storage, stability, organoleptic properties and nutritional quality. J. Food Sci. 41:48–53. , and .
- 1994. Studies on extension of shelf-life of rawa by gamma irradiation. J. Food Sci. Technol. 31:311–315. , , , , and .
- 2002. Effect of soaking and ionizing radiation on various anti-nutritional factors of seeds from different species of an unconventional legume, Sesbania and a common legume, green gram (Vigna radiata). Food Chem. 79:273–281. , , , and .
- SPSS 16.0. 2008. Statistical package for the social science. Command syntax reference. SPSS Inc., Chicago, IL.
- 2004. The high dose irradiation affect the quality parameters of edible oils. Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 7:943–946. , and .