Chemical characterization of Brickellia cavanillesii (Asteraceae) using gas chromatographic methods
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 105–113, March 2014
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2014; 2(2): 105–113
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 16 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 10 MAY 2013
- The Institute of Environmental and Human Health (TIEHH)
- Texas Tech University
- 2005. Mexican plants with hypoglycemic effect used in the treatment of diabetes. J. Ethnopharmacol. 99:325–348. , and .
- 2008. Biological effects of essential oils – a review. Food Chem. Toxicol. 46:446–475. , , , and .
- 2011. A convenient and safe O-methylation of flavonoids with dimethyl carbonate (DMC). Molecules 16:1418–1425. , , and .
- 2004. Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential application in foods. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 94:223–253.
- 2005. Anti-microbial activity of flavonoids. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents 26:343–356. , and .
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). 1997. New dietary ingredients: Brickellia cavanillesii. Available at http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/95s0316/rpt0010_01.pdf (accessed 08 March 2011).
- 2002. The prevalence pattern of complementary and alternative medicine use in individuals with diabetes. Diabetes Care 25:324–329. , , , and .
- 2008. Antidiabetic and antioxidant activities of major flavonoids of Cynanchum acutum L. (Asclepiadaceae) growing in Egypt. Z. Naturforsch. 63c:658–662. , , , , and .
- 1985. Synthesis and revised structure of the flavone Brickellin. Phytochemistry 24:1367–1368. , , , , , , et al.
- 1995. Antidiabetic plants and their active constituents. Phytomedicine 2:137–189. , and .
- 2004. Dermal absorption of camphor, menthol, methyl salicyclate in humans. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 44:1151–1157. , , , and .
- 2002. Isolation and hypoglycemic activity of 5, 7, 3′-trihydroxy-3, 6, 4-trimethoxyflavone from Brickellia veronicaefolia. Phytomedicine 7:25–29. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Home remedies for type 2 diabetes used by Mexican Americans in El Paso, Texas. Clin. Nurs. Res. 12:304–323. , , and .
- 2006. Qualitative analysis of the active components of the essential oil from Brickellia veronicaefolia by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. J. Nat. Prod. 69:1172–1176. , , , , and .
- 2006. 6-Acetyl-5-hydroxy-2, 2-dimethyl-2H-chromene. Acta Crystallogr. Sect. E 62:03616–03617. , , , and .
- 2007. Phosphoprotein levels, IMAPK activities and NFκB expression are affected by fisetin. J. Enzyme Inhib. Med. Chem. 22:439–444. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Antidiabetic activity of medicinal plants and its relationship with antioxidant property. J. Ethnopharmacol. 81:155–160. , and .
- 2000. Phylogeny and biogeography of Eupatorium (Asteraceae: Eupatorieae) based on nuclear ITS sequence data. Am. J. Bot. 87:716–726. , and .
- 1997. Brickellia. P. 460 in Flora of North America Editorial Committee, ed. Flora of North America: North of Mexico 21: Magnoliophyta: Asteridae, Part 8: Asteraceae, Part 3. Oxford University Press, New York.
- 2007. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) supplement use in people with diabetes: a clinician's guide. American Diabetes Association, Alexandria.
- 2008. Flavonoids as nutraceuticals: a review. Trop. J. Pharm. Res. 7:1089–1099. , , and .
- 2000. Camphor hepatotoxicity. South. Med. J. 93:596–598. , , and .
- 2001. Therapeutic potential of inhibition of NF-kB pathway in the treatment of inflammation and cancer. J. Clin. Invest. 107:135–142. , and .
- 2005. Phytotherapies for diabetes. Drugs Future 30:1253–1282. , , , , , and .