In-house–validated liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for survey of acrylamide in various processed foods from Korean market
Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 5, pages 402–407, September 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(5): 402–407
- Issue online: 13 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 28 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 11 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAY 2013
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. Grant Number: 11162KFDA041
- Commission Decision 2002/657/EC. 2002. On implementing Council Directive of 96/23/EC concerning the performance of analytical methods and the interpretation of results. Off. J. Eur. Communities L221:8.
- 2007. Determination of acrylamide levels in selected foods in Brazil. Food Addit. Contam. 24:236–241. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Acrylamide in foods: occurrence, sources, and modeling. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51:802–808. , , , and .
- 2005. Calculations of dietary exposure to acrylamide. Mutat. Res. 580:143–155. , , , , , and .
- 2005. The effect of cooking on acrylamide and its precursors in potato, wheat and rye. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 561:255–269. , , , , and .
- FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration). 2003. Detection and quantitation of acrylamide in foods. Available at http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/acrylami.html. (accessed 27 December 2003).
- FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration). 2006. Survey data on acrylamide in food: individual food products. Available at http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodContaminantsAdulteration/ChemicalContaminants/Acrylamide/ucm053549.htm. (accessed 2 December 2006).
- 2006. Optimisation of a liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometric method for the determination of acrylamide in foods. Anal. Chim. Acta 556:275–280. , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Estimation of the dietary intake of acrylamide by German infants, children and adolescents as calculated from dietary records and available data on acrylamide levels in food groups. Int. J. Hyg. Environ. Health 207:463–471. , , , , and .
- Joint Research Centre (JRC) European Commission. 2008. Acrylamide level monitoring database – overview of 5 years of data collection in Europe. JRC 28447, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2009. Acrylamide concentration in domestic foods. J. Food Hyg. Saf. 24:238–246. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Development of a certified reference material for the determination of acrylamide in potato chips. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 398:1035–1042. , , , , , and .
- 2003. Acrylamide in Asian foods in Hong Kong. Food Addit. Contam. 20:1105–1113. , , , and .
- 2005. Risk assessment of dietary acrylamide intake in Flemish adolescents. Food Chem. Toxicol. 43:271–278. , , , , , and .
- 2006. Acrylamide content in potato crisps in Poland. Rocz. Panstw. Zakl. Hig. 57:243–249. , , , and .
- 2002. Acrylamide is formed in the Maillard reaction. Nature 419:448–449. , , and .
- 2004. Acrylamide in Austrian foods. J. Biochem. Biophys. Methods 61:161–167.
- 2003. Analysis of acrylamide by LC-MS/MS and GC-MS in processed Japanese foods. Food Addit. Contam. 20:215–220. , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Effects of various cooking conditions on acrylamide formation in rolled patty. Food Addit. Contam. 26:793–799. , and .
- 2008. Reduction of acrylamide level in French fries by employing a temperature program during frying. J. Agric. Food Chem. 56:6162–6166.
- 2003. Rugged LC-MS/MS survey analysis for acrylamide in foods. J. Agric. Food Chem. 51: 7547–7554. , , , , and .
- 2002. Analysis of acrylamide in cooked foods by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Analyst 127:880–882. , and .
- 2008. Toxicity of acrylamide on male reproduction. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:159–162. , , , and .
- Swiss Federal Office of Public Health. 2002. Determination of acrylamide in food. Available at http://www.bag.admin.ch/verbrau/aktuell/d/AA_methode.pdf. (accessed 10 October 2002).
- 2004. A review of acrylamide: an industry perspective on research, analysis, formation, and control. Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 44:323–347. , , , , , , et al.
- 2000. Acrylamide: a cooking carcinogen? Chem. Res. Toxicol. 13:517–522. , , , , and .
- 2002. Analysis of acrylamide, a carcinogen formed in heated foodstuffs. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50:4998–5006. , , , , and .
- 2002. Multiresidue determination of (fluoro)quinolone antibiotics in swine kidney using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A 952:121–129. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. Acrylamide formation in food: a mechanistic perspective. J. AOAC Int. 88:262–267. , and .