The bioaccessibility of eicosapentaenoic acid was higher from phospholipid food products than from mono- and triacylglycerol food products in a dynamic gastrointestinal model
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 1, Issue 6, pages 409–415, November 2013
How to Cite
Food Science & Nutrition 2013; 1(6): 409–415
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 11 APR 2013
- Nippon Suisan Kaisha Ltd.
- 2006. n-3 Fatty acids and cardiovascular disease. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 83:1477–1482.
- 2006. n-3 Polyunsaturated fatty acids, inflammation and inflammatory diseases. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 83:1505–1519.
- 1995. Intestinal absorption and lymphatic transport of eicosapentaenoic (EPA), docosahexaenoic (DHA), and decanoic acids: dependence on intramolecular triacylglycerol structure. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 61:56–61. , , , and .
- 2006. Reduction of cardiovascular risk factors with long term fish oil treatment in early rheumatoid arthritis. J. Rheumatol. 33:1973–1979. , , , and .
- 2000. Importance of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 71(Suppl.):171S–175S.
- 2004. Omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: fishing for a natural treatment. BMJ 328:30–35. , , and .
- 2006. n-3 Fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 83:1526–1535. , , , and .
- 2009. Bioaccessibility of fatty acids from conjugated linoleic acid-enriched milk and milk emulsions studied in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal model. Int. Dairy J. 19:574–581. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Bioavailability of EPA and DHA delivered by gelled emulsions and soft gel capsules. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 113:137–145. , , , , , and .
- 1993. Unique lipids of primate spermatozoa: desmosterol and docosahexaenoic acid. J. Lipid Res. 34:491–499. , , , , and .
- 2009. Effect of intragastric acid stability of fat emulsions on gastric emptying, plasma lipid profile and postprandial satiety. Br. J. Nutr. 101:919–928. , , , , , , et al.
- 1995. A multicompartmental dynamic computer-controlled model simulating the stomach and small intestine. Altern. Lab. Anim. (ATLA) 23:197–209. , , , and .
- 2005. Effect of partially hydrolyzed guar gum (PHGG) on the bioaccessibility of fat and cholesterol. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 69:932–938. , , , , , , et al.
- 2005. The metabolism of structured triacylglycerols. J. Lipid Res. 44:430–448. , and .
- 1986. Biochemical and functional effects of prenatal and postnatal omega-3 fatty acid deficiency on retina and brain in rhesus monkeys. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:4021–4025. , , , , and .
- 2008. Influence of surfactants on lipase fat digestion in a model gastrointestinal system. Food Biophys. 3:370–381. , , , , , , et al.
- 2002. Acute ingestion of a meal rich in n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids results in rapid gastric emptying in humans. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 76:232–238. , , , , , and .
- 2010. The bioavailability of eicosapentaenoic acid from reconstituted triglyceride fish oil is higher than that obtained from the triglyceride and monoglyceride forms. Asia Pac. J. Clin. Nutr. 19:499–505. , , , , and .