Analysis of essential elements in Pito—a cereal food drink and its brands by the single-comparator method of neutron activation analysis
Article first published online: 5 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 230–235, May 2014
How to Cite
Adazabra, A. N., Ntiforo, A. and Bamford, S. A. (2014), Analysis of essential elements in Pito—a cereal food drink and its brands by the single-comparator method of neutron activation analysis. Food Science & Nutrition, 2: 230–235. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.95
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 5 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 3 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUN 2013
- Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
- National Nuclear Research Institute
- University for Development Studies
- Department of Applied Physics
- 1999. Multielement analysis of human hair and kidney stones by instrumental neutron activation analysis with the k0-standardization method. Appl. Radiat. Isot. 50:989–994. , , and .
- 2010. The application of Nisle unified formulation for the k0– NAA standardization method. [M. Phil thesis], University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana.
- 2012a. Compositional elemental assessment of some core herbal plants used in northern Ghana by instrumental neutron activation analysis. Der. Pharma. Chemica. 4:1962–1968. , , and .
- 2012b. Validation of HYPERMET PC code for the k0-NAA standardization method using a Ghana's miniature neutron source reactor. Arch. Phys. Res. 3:341–345. , , and .
- 2006. The low power miniature neutron source reactors: design, safety and applications. Nigerian J. Phys. 14:82–85. , , , , , and .
- 2002. Characterization of neutron flux spectra in irradiation sites of MNSR reactor using the Westcott-formalism for the k0 neutron activation analysis method. Appl. Radiat. Isot. 57:265–273. , and .
- 2010. Analysis of reactivity temperature coefficient for light water moderated HEU-UAl4 and LEU-UO2 lattices of MNSR. J. Appl. Sci. Res. 6:1431–1439. , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Recommended nuclear data for use in the k0 standardization of neutron activation analysis. Atom. Data Nucl. Data 85:47–67. , and .
- 2006. Determination of elemental concentration profiles in tender wheatgrass (Triticum aestivum L.) using instrumental neutron activation analysis. Food Chem. 95:699–707. , , , , and .
- 2005. Analysis of essential elements in Pragya-peya—a herbal drink and its constituents by neutron activation. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 37:631–638. , , , and .
- 1998. Soil—root interface: physicochemical process. Pp. 233–277 in P. M. Huang, D. C. Adriano, T. J. Logan, R. T. Checkai, eds. Soil chemistry and ecosystem health. SSSA Special Publication 52. Soil Science Society of America, Madison, WI. , , and .
- 2008. Characterization of neutron flux spectrum parameters in irradiation sites of Ghana Research Reactor-1 (GHARR-1) after the addition of beryllium shims. M. Phil. thesis, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana.
- 1999. Determination of macro, micro nutrient and trace element concentrations in Indian medicinal and vegetable leaves using instrumental neutron activation analysis. Appl. Radiat. Isot. 50:947–953. , , , , and .
- 1976. Detection efficiency calibration for radiological monitoring of nuclear plants, radioelement analysis: progress and problems. Proceedings of the 23rd Conference on Analytical Chemistry in Energy and Technology, Gatlinburg, TN. , and .
- 1999. An empirical expression for full energy peak efficiency for an n-type high purity Ge detector calibration. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 242:617–622. , , , and .
- 1997. Elemental analysis of some herbal plants in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases by NAA and AAS. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 299:77. , and .
- 1999. Instrumental neutron activation analysis for studying aerosols. Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. A 435:462–474. , and .
- 1976. Comparison of Ge(Li) well and N-type coaxial detectors for low-energy gamma-ray analysis of environmental samples, radioelement analysis: progress and problems. Proceedings 23rd Conference on Analytical Chemistry in Energy and Technology, Gatlinburg, TN.
- 1993. Identification of yeasts isolated from Nigerian traditional alcoholic beverages. Food Microbiol. 10:517–523. , and .
- 2003. Application of instrumental neutron activation analysis to plant medicines in Ghana: a review. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 257:125–128. , , , , and .
- 2010. Determination of thermal neutron cross-section and resonance integral for the 75As (n, γ)76As reaction by activation method using 55Mn (n, γ)56Mn as a monitor. Nucl. Eng. Des. 240:980–984. , , , and .
- 2009. Thermal neutron cross-section and resonance integral of the 98Mo(n,γ)99Mo reaction. Nucl. Instr. Meth. Phys. Res. B 267:462–468. , , , , , , et al.