Modeling of electrohydrodynamic drying process using response surface methodology
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Food Science & Nutrition published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Food Science & Nutrition
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 200–209, May 2014
How to Cite
Dalvand, M. J., Mohtasebi, S. S. and Rafiee, S. (2014), Modeling of electrohydrodynamic drying process using response surface methodology. Food Science & Nutrition, 2: 200–209. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.96
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 17 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 27 SEP 2013
- University of Tehran. Grant Number: 7109014/01/07
- 2008. Influence of drying conditions on the effective moisture diffusivity, energy of activation and energy consumption during the thin-layer drying of berberis fruit (Berberidaceae). Energy Convers. Manage. 49:2865–2871. , , and .
- 2006. Binary biosorption of phenol and chromium (VI) onto immobilized activated sludge in a packed bed: prediction of kinetic parameters and breakthrough curves. Sep. Purif. Technol. 49:205–216. , and .
- 2002. Biosorption of chromium (VI) ions by Mow- ital B3OH resin immobilized activated sludge in a packed bed comparison with granular activated carbon. Process Biochem. 38:175–186. , , and .
- 2011. Influence of operating parameters on energy consumption of electrohydrodynamic drying. Int. J. Appl. Electromagnet Mech 35:57–65. , , and .
- 2012. Combined electrohydrodynamic (EHD) and vacuum freeze drying of sea cucumber. Drying Technol. 30:1051–1055. , , and .
- 2006. Electrohydrodynamic drying—A concise overview. Drying Technol. 24:905–910. , , , and .
- 2004. EHD-enhanced drying with multiple-wire electrode. Drying Technol. 22:821–836. , and .
- 1978. Statistics for experimenters: an introduction to design, data analysis, and model building. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York. , , and .
- 2010. Analysis of heat and mass transfer enhancement in porous material subjected to electric fields (effects of particle sizes and layered arrangement). Exp. Thermal Fluid Sci. 34:1049–1056. , and .
- 2000. Industrial media and fermentation processes for improved growth and protease production by Tetrahymena thermophila BIII. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 24:285–290. , , , , and .
- 2004. Optimization of culture parameters for extracellular protease production from a newly isolated Pseudomonas sp. using response surface and artificial neural network models. Process Biochem. 39:2193–2198. , , and .
- 2003. Use of response surface methodology for optimizing process parameters for the production of α-amylase by Aspergillus oryzae. Biochem. Eng. J. 15:107–115. , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Optimization of the basic formulation of a traditional baked cassava cake using response surface methodology. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 40:611–618. , , , , , and .
- 2005. Biosorption of cadmium and lead ions by ethanol treated waste baker's yeast biomass. Bioresour. Technol. 96:103–109. , , and .
- 2007. The efficiency of corona wind drying and its application to the food industry. J. Food Eng. 80:1233–1238. , , and .
- 2006. Application of factorial and response surface methodology in modern experimental design and optimization. Crit. Rev. Anal. Chem. 36:141–151. , and .
- 2013. Production and evaluation of Ighu from selected cassava varieties using a motorized shredder: a response surface analysis. Food Sci. Nutr. 1:464–473. , and .
- 1996. Response surfaces: designs and analyses. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. , and .
- 2005. EHD-enhanced drying with multiple needle electrode. J. Electrostat. 63:223–237. , and .
- 2003. EHD-enhanced drying with needle electrode. Drying Technol. 21:1291–1306. , and .
- 2002. The response surface methodology: an application to optimize dehydration operations of selected agricultural crops. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 35:584–592.
- 2002. Response surface methodology: process and product optimization using designed experiment. A Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York. , and .
- 2002. Lipase-catalyzed incorporation of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) into borage oil: optimization using response surface methodology. Food Chem. 77:115–123. , and .
- 2012. A comprehensive review on electrohydrodynamic drying and high-voltage electric field in the context of food and bioprocessing. Drying Technol. 30:1812–1820. , , and .
- Standard ASABE. 1998. Compression test of food materials of convex shape. ASAE S368:554–556.
- 2005. Optimization of α-amylase production by Bacillus sp. using response surface methodology. Process Biochem. 40:2291–2296. , , and .
- 2003. Modelling of drying kinetics of single apricot. J. Food Eng. 58:23–32. , and .