We thank Samuel Kadziela and Shelly Natenberg, Chicago Trading Company, participants of the 2011 Midwest Finance Meeting, the reviewer and Bob Webb (the editor), and participants at the Thammasat Business School finance research workshop for useful discussions and comments. We are especially grateful to Shelly Natenberg's insights on implied volatility skews. An earlier version of this study was circulated under the title of “Market Integration, Commodity VIXs, and the Return-Volatility Relation.” Chaiyuth Padungsaksawasdi was financially supported by the FIU Graduate School Dissertation Year Fellowship.
The Return-Implied Volatility Relation for Commodity ETFs
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Futures Markets
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 261–281, March 2014
How to Cite
Padungsaksawasdi, C. and Daigler, R. T. (2014), The Return-Implied Volatility Relation for Commodity ETFs. J. Fut. Mark., 34: 261–281. doi: 10.1002/fut.21592
- Issue published online: 29 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2012
- FIU Graduate School Dissertation Year Fellowship
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!