Dominant-negative form of the Pax6 homolog eyeless for tissue-specific loss-of-function studies in the developing eye and brain in drosophila
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: GAL4/UAS in Drosophila
Volume 34, Issue 1-2, pages 74–75, September - October 2002
How to Cite
Niimi, T., Clements, J., Gehring, W.J. and Callaerts, P. (2002), Dominant-negative form of the Pax6 homolog eyeless for tissue-specific loss-of-function studies in the developing eye and brain in drosophila. Genesis, 34: 74–75. doi: 10.1002/gene.10140
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2002
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAY 2002
- Kantons of Basel
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- NIH. Grant Number: MH59763
- 1993. Targeted gene expression as a means of altering cell fates and generating dominant phenotypes. Development 118: 401–415. , .
- 2001. Drosophila Pax-6/eyeless is essential for normal adult brain structure and function. J Neurobiol 46: 73–88. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Inhibition of Xbra transcription activation causes defects in mesodermal patterning and reveals autoregulation of Xbra in dorsal mesoderm. Development 122: 2427–2435. , , , .
- 1996. Associative learning disrupted by impaired Gs signaling in the mushroom bodies. Science 274: 2104–2107. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Xiro-1 controls mesoderm patterning by repressing bmp-4 expression in the Spemann organizer. Dev Dyn 222: 368–376. , , .
- 1991. Genetic analysis of growth cone guidance in Drosophila: fasciclin II functions as a neuronal recognition molecule. Cell 67: 45–57. , , .
- 2001. The role of Brachyury (T) during gastrulation movements in the sea urchin Lytechinus variegatus. Dev Biol 239: 132–147. , .
- 1995. Induction of ectopic eyes by targeted expression of the eyeless gene in Drosophila. Science 267: 1788–1792. , , .
- 1999. Functional analysis of an eye specific enhancer of the eyeless gene in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96: 564–569. , , .
- 2000. Genetic control of development of the mushroom bodies, the associative learning centers in the Drosophila brain, by the eyeless, twin of eyeless, and Dachshund genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97: 2140–2144. , , , , , .
- 2000. Early development of the Drosophila mushroom body: the roles of eyeless and dachshund. Development 127: 3475–3488. , , .
- 1994. Homology of the eyeless gene of Drosophila to the Small eye gene in mice and Aniridia in humans. Science 265: 785–789. , , , .
- 1982. Genetic transformation of Drosophila with transposable element vectors. Science 218: 348–353. , .