Efficient method to generate single-copy transgenic mice by site-specific integration in embryonic stem cells
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 23–28, January 2006
How to Cite
Beard, C., Hochedlinger, K., Plath, K., Wutz, A. and Jaenisch, R. (2006), Efficient method to generate single-copy transgenic mice by site-specific integration in embryonic stem cells. Genesis, 44: 23–28. doi: 10.1002/gene.20180
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 15 SEP 2005
- 1998. Improved properties of FLP recombinase evolved by cycling mutagenesis. Nat Biotechnol 16: 657–662. , , .
- 1989. Insertional mutations in transgenic mice. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 36: 159–169. , , , , , .
- 2002. Male and female mice derived from the same embryonic stem cell clone by tetraploid embryo complementation. Nat Biotechnol 20: 455–459. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Ectopic expression of Oct-4 blocks progenitor-cell differentiation and causes dysplasia in epithelial tissues. Cell 121: 465–477. , , , .
- 2001. Activation of EGFP expression by Cre-mediated excision in a new ROSA26 reporter mouse strain. Blood 97: 324–326. , , , , .
- 2005. An efficient system to establish multiple embryonic stem cell lines carrying an inducible expression unit. Nucleic Acids Res 33: e43. , , , , , .
- 2000. Production of gene-targeted sheep by nuclear transfer from cultured somatic cells. Nature 405: 1066–1069. , , , , , .
- 1986. Germ-line transformation of mice. Annu Rev Genet 20: 465–499. , .
- 2002. Flp recombinase regulated lacZ expression at the ROSA26 locus. genesis 32: 184–186. , , , , .
- 1999. Generalized lacZ expression with the ROSA26 Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet 21: 70–71. .
- 1987. Retroviruses and insertional mutagenesis in mice: proviral integration at the Mov 34 locus leads to early embryonic death. Genes Dev 1: 366–375. , , .
- 1999. Segmental genomic replacement in embryonic stem cells by double lox targeting. Nucleic Acids Res 27: e21. , , .
- 2000. Exploring the sequence space for tetracycline-dependent transcriptional activators: novel mutations yield expanded range and sensitivity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 7963–7968. , , , , , .
- 2000. A shift from reversible to irreversible X inactivation is triggered during ES cell differentiation. Mol Cell 5: 695–705. , .
- 2002. Chromosomal silencing and localization are mediated by different domains of Xist RNA. Nat Genet 30: 167–174. , , .
- 1997. Disruption of overlapping transcripts in the ROSA beta geo 26 gene trap strain leads to widespread expression of beta-galactosidase in mouse embryos and hematopoietic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 3789–3794. , , , , , .