Estimation of significance thresholds for genomewide association scans
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2008
© 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 227–234, April 2008
How to Cite
Dudbridge, F. and Gusnanto, A. (2008), Estimation of significance thresholds for genomewide association scans. Genet. Epidemiol., 32: 227–234. doi: 10.1002/gepi.20297
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Received: 25 SEP 2007
- EU 6th Framework Programme. Grant Number: LSHM-CT-2004-503485
- 2006. Evaluating coverage of genome-wide association studies. Nat Genet 38:659–662. , .
- 1995. Controlling the false discovery rate—a practical and powerful approach to multiple testing. J R Stat Soc B 57:289–300. , .
- 1994. Empirical threshold values for quantitative trait mapping. Genetics 138:963–971. , .
- 2003. P-values, false discovery rates, and Bayes factors: how should we assess the “significance” of genetic associations? Ann Hum Genet 67:630 (abstract). .
- 2001. Modeling household transmission of American trypanosomiasis. Science 293:694–698. , .
- 2003. Rank truncated product of P-values, with application to genomewide association scans. Genet Epidemiol 25:360–366. , .
- 2004. Efficient computation of significance levels for multiple associations in large studies of correlated data, including genomewide association studies. Am J Hum Genet 75:424–435. , .
- 2002. Empirical Bayes methods and false discovery rates for microarrays. Genet Epidemiol 23:70–86. , .
- 1987. Multiple Comparison Procedures. New York: Wiley. , .
- International HapMap Consortium. 2005. A haplotype map of the human genome. Nature 437:1299–1320.
- 2005. Why most published research findings are false. PLoS Med 2:e124. .
- 1995. Genetic dissection of complex traits: guidelines for interpreting and reporting linkage results. Nat Genet 11:241–247. , .
- 2004. Genomics, prior probability, and statistical tests of multiple hypotheses. Genome Res 14:997–1001. , , .
- 2007. A new multipoint method for genome-wide association studies by imputation of genotypes. Nat Genet 39:906–913. , , , , .
- 1955. Sequential tests for the detection of linkage. Am J Hum Genet 7:277–318. .
- 2006. Population structure and eigenanalysis. PLoS Genet 2:e190. , , .
- 2006. Evaluating and improving power in whole-genome association studies using fixed marker sets. Nat Genet 38:663–667. , , , , , .
- 1996. The future of genetic studies of complex human diseases. Science 273:1516–1517. , .
- 1967. Rectangular confidence regions for the means of multivariate normal distributions. J Am Stat Assoc 78:626–633. .
- 2004. Betting odds and genetic associations. J Nat Cancer Inst 96:421–423. , .
- 2004. Assessing the probability that a positive report is false: an approach for molecular epidemiology studies. J Nat Cancer Inst 96:434–442. , , , , .
- 2007. A Bayesian measure of the probability of false discovery in genetic epidemiology studies. Am J Hum Genet 81:208–227. .
- Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium. 2007. Genome-wide association study of 14,000 cases of seven common diseases and 3,000 shared controls. Nature 447:661–678.
- 1993. Resampling-Based Multiple Testing: Examples and Methods for P-value Adjustment. New York: Wiley. , .