This article is a US government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
Pathway analysis by adaptive combination of P-values†
Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America. Published in 2009 by Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 33, Issue 8, pages 700–709, December 2009
How to Cite
Yu, K., Li, Q., Bergen, A. W., Pfeiffer, R. M., Rosenberg, P. S., Caporaso, N., Kraft, P. and Chatterjee, N. (2009), Pathway analysis by adaptive combination of P-values. Genet. Epidemiol., 33: 700–709. doi: 10.1002/gepi.20422
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 30 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 30 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 4 DEC 2008
- Intramural Research Program of NIH and the National Cancer Institute
- National Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 10371126
- NIH. Grant Number: U01 DA020830
- 2002. Categorical Data Analysis. New York:Wiley. .
- 1999. An empirical comparison of permutation methods for tests of partial regression coefficients in a linear model. J Stat Comput Simulation 62:271–303. , .
- 2004. A powerful strategy to account for multiple testing in the context of haplotype analysis. Am J Hum Genet 75:561–570. , .
- Genome-wide and candidate gene association scans of cigarette smoking behaviors. PLoS ONE 2009 4:e4653. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Detecting association using epistatic information. Genet Epidemiol 31:894–909. , .
- 2006. Powerful multilocus tests of genetic association in the presence of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions. Am J Hum Genet 79:1002–1016. , , , , .
- 2006. Resampling-based multiple hypothesis testing procedures for genetic case-control association studies. Genet Epidemiol 30:495–507. , , , .
- 2007. A partially linear tree-based regression model for assessing complex joint gene-gene and gene-environment effects. Genet Epidemiol 31:238–251. , , , .
- Consortium WTCC. 2007. Genome-wide association study of 14,000 cases of seven common diseases and 3,000 shared controls. Nature 447:661–678.
- 2003. Rank truncated product of P-values, with application to genomewide association scans. Genet Epidemiol 25:360–366. , .
- 2004. Efficient computation of significance levels for multiple associations in large studies of correlated data, including genomewide association studies. Am J Hum Genet 75:424–435. , .
- 2001. Genetic analysis of case/control data using estimated haplotype frequencies: application to APOE locus variation and Alzheimer's disease. Genome Res 11:143–151. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Genome association studies of complex diseases by case-control designs. Am J Hum Genet 72:850–868. , .
- 1932. Statistical Methods for Research Workers. London: Oliver and Boyd. .
- 2008. Probability of detecting disease-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms in case-control genome-wide association studies. Biostatistics 9:201–215. , , , .
- 2007. Testing association between disease and multiple SNPs in a candidate gene. Genet Epidemiol 31:383–395. , , , .
- 2003. Resampling-based multiple testing for microarray data analysis. Test 12:1–44. , , .
- 2008. Maximizing association statistics over genetic models. Genet Epidemiol 32:246–254. , , , , , .
- 2001. Trimming, weighting, and grouping SNPs in human case-control association studies. Genome Res 11:2115–2119. , , .
- 2007. A genome-wide association study identifies alleles in FGFR2 associated with risk of sporadic postmenopausal breast cancer. Nat Genet 39:870–874. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. A powerful and flexible multilocus association test for quantitative traits. Am J Hum Genet 82:386–397. , , , , .
- 2008. Efficient approximation of P-value of the maximum of correlated tests, with applications to genome-wide association studies. Ann Hum Genet 72:397–406. , , , .
- 2006. Principal components analysis corrects for stratification in genome-wide association studies. Nat Genet 38:904–909. , , , , , .
- 2001. Multifactor-dimensionality reduction reveals high-order interactions among estrogen-metabolism genes in sporadic breast cancer. Am J Hum Genet 69:138–147. , , , , , , .
- 2003. Logic regression. J Comput Graphical Stat 12:475–511. , , .
- 2002. Score tests for association between traits and haplotypes when linkage phase is ambiguous. Am J Hum Genet 70:425–434. , , , , .
- 2005. Nonparametric tests of association of multiple genes with human disease. Am J Hum Genet 76:780–793. , , , , .
- 2005. Gene set enrichment analysis: a knowledge-based approach for interpreting genome-wide expression profiles. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 102:15545–15550. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. On the identification of disease mutations by the analysis of haplotype similarity and goodness of fit. Am J Hum Genet 72:891–902. , , , .
- 2007. Pathway-based approaches for analysis of genomewide association studies. Am J Hum Genet 81:1278–1283. , , .
- 1993. Resampling-Based Multiple Testing: Examples and Methods for P-Value Adjustment. New York: Wiley. , .
- 2002. Generalized T2 test for genome association studies. Am J Hum Genet 70:1257–1268. , , .
- 2007. Genome-wide association study of prostate cancer identifies a second risk locus at 8q24. Nat Genet 39:645–649. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Genetic association mapping under founder heterogeneity via weighted haplotype similarity analysis in candidate genes. Genet Epidemiol 27:182–191. , , , , .
- 2005. Using tree-based recursive partitioning methods to group haplotypes for increased power in association studies. Ann Hum Genet 69:577–589. , , , .
- 2002. Truncated product method for combining P-values. Genet Epidemiol 22:170–185. , , , .
- 2006. Contrasting linkage-disequilibrium patterns between cases and controls as a novel association-mapping method. Am J Hum Genet 78:737–746. , , .
- 2006. Test for interaction between two unlinked loci. Am J Hum Genet 79:831–845. , , .
- 2005. Comparison of maximum statistics for hypothesis testing when a nuisance parameter is present only under the alternative. Biometrics 61:254–258. , .