Robust Rare Variant Association Testing for Quantitative Traits in Samples With Related Individuals
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2013
© 2013 WILEY PERIODICALS, INC.
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 10–20, January 2014
How to Cite
Jiang, D. and McPeek, M. S. (2014), Robust Rare Variant Association Testing for Quantitative Traits in Samples With Related Individuals. Genet. Epidemiol., 38: 10–20. doi: 10.1002/gepi.21775
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 AUG 2013
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: R01 HG001645
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Boston University. Grant Number: N01-HC-25195
- NHLBI. Grant Number: N02-HL-64278
- 2000. Estimation of variance components of quantitative traits in inbred populations. Am J Epidemiol 66: 629–650. , , .
- 2009. Fast model-based estimation of ancestry in unrelated individuals. Genome Res 19: 1655–1664. , , .
- 2009. Loci influencing lipid levels and coronary heart disease risk in 16 European population cohorts. Nat Genet 41: 47–55. , , , , , , , , , and others. .
- 2013. Sequence kernel association test for quantitative traits in family samples. Genet Epidemiol 37: 196–204. , , .
- 2013. Practical Considerations Regarding the Use of Genotype and Pedigree Data To Model Relatedness in the Context of Genome-Wide Association Studies. G3 3: 1861–1867. , , , .
- 2010. Missing heritability and strategies for finding the underlying causes of complex disease. Nat Rev Genet 11: 446–450. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Testing against a high dimensional alternative. J R Statist Soc B 68: 477–493. , , .
- 2013. Family-based association tests for sequence data, and comparisons with population-based association tests. Eur J Hum Genet. In press. , , , , .
- 2013. MASTOR: mixed-model association mapping of quantitative traits in samples with related individuals. Am J Hum Genet 92: 652–666. , .
- 2010. Variance component model to account for sample structure in genome-wide association studies. Nat Genet 42: 348–54. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Six new loci associated with blood low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or triglycerides in humans. Nat Genet 40: 189–197. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2009. Common variants at 30 loci contribute to polygenic dyslipidemia. Nat Genet 41: 56–65. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2011. Population-based and family-based designs to analyze rare variants in complex diseases. Genet Epidemiol 35(Suppl 1):S41–S47. , .
- 2007. Most rare missense alleles are deleterious in humans: implications for complex disease and association studies. Am J Hum Genet 80: 727–739. , , .
- 2012. Optimal tests for rare variant effects in sequencing association studies. Biostatistics 13: 762–775. , , .
- 2008. Methods for detecting associations with rare variants for common diseases: application to analysis of sequence data. Am J Hum Genet 83: 311–321. , .
- 2009. A new chi-square approximation to the distribution of non-negative definite quadratic forms in non-central normal variables. Comput Stat Data An 53: 853–856. , , .
- 2009. A groupwise association test for rare mutations using a weighted sum statistic. PLoS Genet 5: e1000384. , .
- 2009. Finding the missing heritability of complex diseases. Nature 461: 747–753. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2012. BLUP genotype imputation for case-control association testing with related individuals and missing data. J Comput Biol 19: 756–765. .
- 2007. A strategy to discover genes that carry multi-allelic or mono-allelic risk for common diseases: a cohort allelic sums test (CAST). Mutat Res 615: 28–56. , .
- 2011. Testing for an unusual distribution of rare variants. PLoS Genet 7: e1001322. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Pooled association tests for rare variants in exon-resequencing studies. Am J Hum Genet 86: 832–838. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Analysis of genetic inheritance in a family quartet by whole-genome sequencing. Science 328: 636–639. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2013. Multiple genetic variant association testing by collapsing and kernel methods with pedigree or population structured data. Genet Epidemiol 37: 409–418. , , , .
- 2012. SNP set association analysis for familial data. Genet Epidemiol 36: 797–810. , , , , , , .
- 2007. The third generation cohort of the national heart, lung, and blood institute's Framingham heart study: design, recruitment, and initial examination. Am J Epidemiol 165: 1328–1335. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2005. Estimation of individual admixture: analytical and study design considerations. Genet Epidemiol 28: 289–301. , , , .
- 2010. ROADTRIPS: case-control association testing with partially or completely unknown population and pedigree structure. Am J Hum Genet 86: 172–184. , .
- 2012. Accurate imputation of rare and common variants in a founder population from a small number of sequenced individuals. Genet Epidemiol 36: 312–319. , , , , .
- 2012. Joint rare variant association test of the average and individual effects for sequencing studies. PLoS One 7: e32485. , , .
- 2008. Newly identified loci that influence lipid concentrations and risk of coronary artery disease. Nat Genet 40: 161–169. , , , , , , , , , and others.
- 2011. Rare-variant association testing for sequencing data with the sequence kernel association test. Am J Hum Genet 89: 82–93. , , , , , .
- 2012. Improving sequence-based genotype calls with linkage disequilibrium and pedigree information. Ann Appl Stat 6: 457–475. , .