Modeling and Analysis
Sensitivity analysis of the build decision for carbon capture and sequestration projects
Article first published online: 22 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 Society of Chemical Industry and John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology
Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 36–45, February 2012
How to Cite
Fischbeck, P. S., Gerard, D. and McCoy, S. T. (2012), Sensitivity analysis of the build decision for carbon capture and sequestration projects. Greenhouse Gas Sci Technol, 2: 36–45. doi: 10.1002/ghg.1270
- Issue published online: 22 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 22 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 29 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUN 2011
- 1US Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, Annual Energy Review 2008. DOE/EIA-0384, DOE, Washington DC, USA (2008).
- 2The Future of Coal: Options for a Carbon-constrained World. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA (2007)., , , , , et al.
- 3Carbon Capture: A Technology Assessment. Congressional Research Service, Washington, DC (2009)., , , , and ,
- 4Carbon Capture and Sequestration: Framing the Issues for Regulation: An Interim Report of the CCS Project. Department of Engineering & Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA (2009)., , , , , et al.,
- 6Wilson E and Gerard D (eds), Carbon Capture and Sequestration: Integrating Technology, Monitoring, Regulation. Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK (2007).
- 7Cost and US Public Policy for New Coal Power Plants with Carbon Capture and Sequestration. 9th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, Washington DC, November (2008)., and ,
- 9Reducing US Greenhouse Gas Emissions: How Much at What Cost? US Greenhouse Gas Abatement Mapping Initiative. McKinsey & Company, New York: The Conference Board (2007)., , , and ,
- 11Update of the MIT 2003 Future of Nuclear Power, MIT Energy Initiative, Massachusetts, MA, USA (2009)., , , , , et al.,
- 12Economics of Nuclear and Renewable Electricity. Unpublished briefing paper, presented at the International Workshop on Nuclear Energy, Singapore, 23 April (2010).,
- 13US Energy Information Agency, Average utilization of the nation's natural gas combined-cycle power plant fleet is rising. [Online] (2011). Available at: http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=1730# [November 30, 2011].
- 14US Congressional Budget Office. The Estimated Costs to Households from the Cap-and-Trade Provisions of H.R. 2454. (2009)
- 15US Environmental Protection Agency. EPA analysis of the Waxman-Markey discussion draft: The American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. [Online]. Available at: http://www.epa.gov/-climatechange/economics/economicanalyses.html [November 30, 2011]