Geochemistry, and zircon U–Pb and molybdenite Re–Os geochronology of Jilongshan Cu–Au deposit, southeastern Hubei Province, China
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 52–68, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Pang, A.-J., Li, S.-R., Santosh, M., Yang, Q.-Y., Jia, B.-J. and Yang, C.-D. (2014), Geochemistry, and zircon U–Pb and molybdenite Re–Os geochronology of Jilongshan Cu–Au deposit, southeastern Hubei Province, China. Geol. J., 49: 52–68. doi: 10.1002/gj.2494
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 90914002
- Program of China Geological Survey. Grant Number: 1212011220926
- China State Administrative Office of Ore-Prospecting Project for Critical Mines. Grant Numbers: 200714009, 20089937
- 111 Project under the China Ministry of Education. Grant Number: B07011
- 1993. Timing of collision of the Sino-Korean and Yangtze cratons: U–Pb zircon dating of coesite-bearing eclogites. Geology 21, 339–342. , ,
- 1996. Geochronology and isotopic character of ultrahigh-pressure metamorphism with implications for collision of the Sino-Korean cratons, central China. Tectonics 15, 472–489. , ,
- 2002. Correction of common Pb in U–Pb analyses that do not report 204Pb. Chemical Geology 192, 59-79.
- 2008. Geological mineral resources' characteristics, matters' sources and metallogenic mechanism of Jilognshan skarn-host Au (Cu) deposit. Mineral Resources and Geology 22(6), 496–502 (In Chinese with English abstract). ,
- 2011. In Situ U–Pb Zircon Dating Using Laser Ablation-Multi Ion Counting-ICP-MS (LA-MIC-ICP-MS). Thermoscientific. AN30021. , , , ,
- 1991. The Copper–Iron Belt of the Lower and Middle Reaches of the Changjiang (Yangtze) River. Geological Publishing House, Beijing, 379 (In Chinese with English abstract). , ,
- 1996. Coesite-bearing eclogites from the Bixiling complex, Dabie mountains, China: Sm–Nd ages, geochemical characteristics and tectonic implication. Chemical Geology 133, 29–51. ,
- 1995. Cooling age of Dabie orogen, China, determined by 40Ar–39Ar and fission track techniques. Science in China. Series B, Chemistry, Life Sciences & Earth Sciences 38, 749–757. , , , ,
- 2007. Data sheet of applied geochemical elemental abundance. Geological Publishing House: Beijing, 9 (In Chinese). ,
- 2005. SHRIMP U–Pb zircon geochronology of the Xiaotongguanshan and Shatanjiao intrusions and its petrological implications in the Tongling Area, Anhui. Acta Geologica Sinica 79(6), 795–802. , , , , , ,
- 2005. Zircon SIMS U–Pb geochronology of host granitoids in Wushan and Yongping copper deposits, Jiangxi Province. Geological Journal of China Universities 11, 383–389. , , , ,
- 1995a. A study on the rhenium–osmium geochronometry of molybdenites. Acta Geologica Sinica 8(2), 171–181. , , , , , ,
- 1995b. Study on rhenium–osmium isotope system by inductively coupled plasma–mass spectrometry and its application to copper–nickel sulfide and molybdenite dating. Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences Collection (In English and Chinese), 103–108. , , , , ,
- 2001. Precise Re–Os dating for molybdenite by ID-NTIMS with Carius tube sample preparation. Rock and Mineral Analysis 20(4), 247–252. , , , ,
- 2004. Preparation and certification of Re–Os dating reference materials: molybdenite HLP and JDC. Geostandard and Geoanalytical Research 28, 41–52. , , , , , , , ,
- 2007. New thermodynamic models and revised calibrations for the Ti-in-zircon and Zr-in-rutile thermometers. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 154, 429–437. ,
- 2001. SHRIMP single zircon U–Pb dating of the Kongling high-grade metamorphic terrain: Evidence for >3.3 Ga old continental crust in the Yangtze craton. Science In China (Series D) 44(4), 326–335. , , , ,
- 2007. Laser ablation-MC-ICP-MS technique for Hf isotopic microanalysis of zircon and its geological application. Acta Petrologica Sinica 23(10), 2595–2604 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , , ,
- 1971. A guide to the chemical classification of the common volcanic rocks. Canadian Journal of Earth Science 8, 523–548. ,
- 1977. The magnetite-series and ilmenite-series granitic rocks. Mining Geology 27, 293–305.
- 2012. Research on the Genesis and Prospecting Direction of Jilongshan Au–Cu deposit in Yangxin county of Hubei Province. A dissertation Submitted to China University of Geosciences for Doctoral Degree, 63–64 (In Chinese with English abstract).
- 2011. U–Pb dating of zircon by laser ablation ICP-MS: recent improvements and new insights. European Journal of Mineralogy 24, 5–21. , ,
- 2001. Timing and pattern of collision of the Sino-Korea and Yangtze cratons: the evolution of the Sinian–Jurassic sedimentary environment in the Middle–Lower Reaches of Yangtze River. Acta Geologica Sinica 75, 25–34.
- 2009. Petrogenesis and geochemistry of the Dengjiashan porphyritic granodiorite, Jiujiang–Ruichang metallogenic district of the Middle–Lower Reaches of the Yangtze River. Acta Petrologica Sinica 25, 2877–2888. ,
- 1989. Sm–Nd isotopic ages of the C-type eclogite from the Dabie group in the north Dabieshan area and its significance. Chinese Science Bulletin 34, 522–525. , , , , , ,
- 1997. Chronology of the ultrahigh-pressure metamorphic rocks in the Dabieshan–Sulu area: zircon U–Pb isotopic systematics. Science in China (Series D) 27, 310–322. , ,
- 2005. Progress in Re–Os isotope analytical techniques. Journal of Chinese Mass Spectrometry Society 26(3), 175–180 (In Chinese with English abstract). , ,
- 2007. Re-Os age of molybdenite from the southern ore zone of the Wushan copper deposit, Jiangxi Province, and its geological significance. Acta Geologica Sinica 81(6), 801–807 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , , ,
- 2008a. Origin of the Tongshankou porphyry–skarn Cu–Mo deposit, eastern Yangtze craton, Eastern China: geochronological, geochemical, and Sr–Nd–Hf isotopic constrains. Mineralium Deposita 43, 319–336. , , , , , , ,
- 2008b. Comparation of several sets of age data and the origin of the Jiama polymetallic ore deposit in Mozugongka County, Tibet. Acta Petrologica Sinica 24(3), 511–518 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2010. SIMS U–Pb zircon geochronology of porphyry Cu–Au–(Mo) deposits in the Yangtze River Metallogenic Belt, eastern China: magmatic response to early Cretaceous lithospheric extension. Lithos 119, 427–438. , , , , ,
- 2012. Metallogeny in response to lithospheric thinning and craton destruction: geochemistry and U–Pb zircon chronology of the Yixingzhai gold deposit, central North China Craton. Ore Geology Reviews. DOI: 10.1016/j.oregeorev.2012.10.008. , , , , , , ,
- 2013. Inhomogeneous lithospheric thinning in the central North China Craton: zircon U–Pb and S–He–Ar isotopic record from magmatism and metallogeny in the Taihang Mountains. Gondwana Research 23, 141–160. DOI:10.1016/j.gr.2012.02.006. , , , , , ,
- 1989. The geological characteristics of the ore-controlling in the Jilongshan Cu–Au deposit, Hubei Province. Gold 10(2), 7–11 (In Chinese).
- 2008. In situ analysis of major and trace elements of anhydrous minerals by LA-ICP-MS without applying an internal standard. Chemical Geology 257, 34–43. , , , , , ,
- 2012. Re–Os sulfide (chalcopyrite, pyrite and molybdenite) systematics and fluid inclusion study of the Duobaoshan porphyry Cu (Mo) deposit, Heilongjiang Province, China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 49, 300–312. , , , ,
- 2003. User's manual for Isoplot 3.00: a geochronological toolkit for Microsoft Excel. Berkeley Geochronological Center Special Publication 4, 25–32.
- 1999. Rhenium–osmium isotopic dating of molybdenite in the Xiaoliugou W(Mo) deposit in North Qilian Mountains and its geological significance. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 63, 1815–1818. , , ,
- 2003. Geodynamic settings of Mesozoic large-scale mineralization in the North China and adjacent areas: implication from the highly precise and accurate ages of metal deposits. Science in China (Series D) 33, 838–851. , , , ,
- 2006. Molybdenite Re–Os and albite 40Ar/39Ar dating of Cu–Au–Mo and magnetite porphyry systems in the Yangtze River valley and metallogenic implications. Ore Geology Review 29, 307–324. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2011. A tectono-genetic model for porphyry–skarn–stratabound Cu–Au–Mo–Fe and magnetite–apatite deposits along the Middle–Lower Yangtze River Valley, Eastern China. Ore Geology Reviews 43, 294–314. , , , , ,
- 1998. Highly precise Re–Os dating for molybdenite using alkaline fusion and NTIMS. Talanta 45, 935–946. , ,
- 1994. Naming materials in the magma/igneous rock system. Earth-Science Reviews 7, 215–224.
- 2011. Succeed resource exploration geological report of Jilongshan Gold deposit, Yangxin county, Hubei Province. Geological Exploration Institute of South China, 10 (in Chinese). , , , , ,
- 2003. SHRIMP dating of the Zhangjiakou volcanic series and its significance. Geological Bulletin of China 22, 140–141 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 1984. Trace element discrimination diagrams for the tectonic interpretation of granitic rocks. Journal of Petrology 25(4), 956–983. , ,
- 1976. Geochemistry of Eocene calc-alkaline volcanic rocks from the Kastamonu area, Northern Turkey. Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 58(1), 63–81. ,
- 1995. The granites of South China and their metallogeny. Episodes 18, 77–86. ,
- 2013. CGDK: an extensible CorelDRAW VBA program for Geological Drafting. Computers & Geosciences 51, 34–48. , , , ,
- 1998. Tectonic pattern and dynamic evolution of the East China. In: The Lithosphere Structure and Tectono-Magma Evolution of the East China, Jishun, R., Weiran, Y. (eds). Seismology Press: Beijing; 1–12 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2012. LA-ICPMS zircons U/Pb dating of Permo-Triassic and Cretaceous magmatisms in Northern Vietnam—geodynamical implications. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 48, 72–82. , , , ,
- 1993. Using geochemical data: evaluation, presentation, interpretation. Longman Scientific and Technical: New York, 1–352.
- 1997. Age of ultrahigh pressure metamorphism and protolith of orthogneisses from the eastern Dabie Shan: U/Pb zircon geochemistry. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 151, 191–203. , , , , ,
- 2002. Absolute timing of sulfide and gold mineralization: a comparison of Re–Os molybdenite and Ar–Ar mica methods from the Tintina Gold Belt, Alaska. Geology 30, 791–794. , , , , , , ,
- 1995. Carius tube digestion for low-blank rhenium–osmium analysis. Analytical Chemistry 67, 2136–2141. ,
- 1992. Geology of iron–copper deposits in Eastern Hubei Province. China. Ministry of Metallurgic Industry Press: Beijing, 1–510 (In Chinese). , ,
- 1996. Re–Os ages of group IIA, IIIA, IVA and VIB iron meteorites. Science 271, 1099–1102. , ,
- 1998. Re–Os ages for Archean molybdenite and pyrite, Kuittila–Kiviso, Finland and Proterozoic molybdenite, Kabeliai, Lithuania: testing the chronometer in a metamorphic and metasomatic setting. Mineralium Deposita 33, 329–345. , , ,
- 2001. The remarkable Re–Os chronometer in molybdenite: how and why it works. Terra Nova 13, 479–486. , , ,
- 1989. Chemical and isotope systematics of oceanic basalts: implications for mantle composition and processes. Geological Society, London, Special Publications 42, 313–345. ,
- 2010. A practical method for determination of molybdenite Re–Os age by inductively coupled plasma–mass spectrometry combined with Carius tube-HNO3 digestion. Analytical Methods 2, 575–581. , , , , ,
- 1996. Re–Os dating of molybdenites from ore deposits in Japan: implication for the closure temperature of the Re–Os system for molybdenite and the cooling history of molybdenum ore deposits. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 60, 3151–3159. , ,
- 1998. Geology of copper–gold polymetallic deposits in the along-Changjiang area of Anhui province. Geological Publishing House: Beijing, 351 pp. (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , ,
- 2011. China tectonics. Geology publishing House: Beijing 7(1), 30–42 (In Chinese).
- 1983. Zircon saturation revisited: temperature and composition effects in a variety of crustal magma types. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 64(2), 295–304. ,
- 1992. Geochemical characteristic investigation of the Jilongshan Cu–Au deposit. Hunan Geology S1, 80–81 (In Chinese).
- 1993. Study on the geological characteristics and minerogenic mechanism of the Cu–Au deposits in Jilongshan, Hubei. Journal of Shenyang Institute of Gold Technology 12(2), 22–28 (In Chinese).
- 1997. Re–Os isotopic age study of the Chengmenshan copper deposit, Jiangxi Province. Mineral Deposits 16(4), 376–381 (In Chinese with English abstract). ,
- 2005. Mineralizing pulses and geodynamic setting of Cu–Fe–Au polymetallic deposits in the Lower Yangtze valley, east-central China. Mineral Deposit Research: Meeting the Global Challenge 10, 1201–1204. , ,
- 2007. Re–Os molybdenite and Ar–Ar phlogopite dating of Cu–Fe–Au–Mo (W) deposits in southeastern Hubei, China. Mineralogy and Petrology 90, 249–270. , , , , ,
- 2009. Re–Os dating of molybdenite from Tonglushan ore district in southeastern Hubei Province, Middle–Lower Yangtze River belt and its geological significance. Mineral Deposita 28, 227–238 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , , ,
- 2011a. Zircon U–Pb geochronological and Hf isotopic constraints on petrogenesis of Late Mesozoic intrusions in the southeast Hubei Province, Middle–Lower Yangtze River belt (MLYRB), East China. Lithos 125, 693–710. , ,
- 2011b. Timing of skarn deposit formation of the Tonglushan ore district, southeastern Hubei Province, Middle–Lower Yangtze River Valley metallogenic belt and its implications. Ore Geology Reviews 43, 62–77. , , , , , ,
- 1999. The ore belt of the middle and lower reach of Yangtze River: its construction and forming mechanism. Geological exploration for non-ferrous metals 8(5), 270–276. (In Chinese).
- 2006. Progress of measuring method and its application for Re–Os isotopic system. Advances in Earth Science 21(10), 1014–1024 (In Chinese with English abstract). ,
- 2010. Porphyry and skarn Au–Cu deposits in the Shizishan orefield, Tongling, East China: U–Pb dating and in-situ Hf isotope analysis of zircons and petrogenesis of associated granitoids. Ore Geology Reviews. DOI:10.1016/j.oregeorev.2010.09.003. , , , , , ,
- 2004. Accurate U–Pb age and trace element determinations of zircon by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma–mass spectrometry. Geostandards and Geoanalytical Research 28, 353–370. , , , , ,
- 2008. Simultaneous determinations of U–Pb age, Hf isotopes and trace element compositions of zircon by excimer laser-ablation quadrupole and multiple-collector ICP-MS. Chemical Geology 247, 100–118. , , , , , , ,
- 2010. Zircon U–Pb dating of ore-bearing magmatic rocks and its constraint on the formation time of the ore deposits in Luzong Basin, Anhui Province. Acta Geologica Sinica 84(4), 466–478 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 1996. Metallogeny of copper and iron deposits in the Eastern Yangtze Craton, east-central China. Ore Geology Reviews 11, 229–248. , , ,
- 2003. SHRIMP dating of volcanic rocks from Ningwu area and its geological implications. Science in China (Series D) 46(8), 830–837. , , , , , ,
- 1990. Skarn deposits of China. Geological Publishing House, Beijing, 1–354 (In Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 1999. Geology of gold-bearing skarn deposits in the middle and lower Yangtze River Valley and adjacent regions. Ore Geology Reviews 14, 227–249. , ,
- 2000. Forming conditions and mechanism for the fluid ore-forming system of the copper, gold deposits in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze river area. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis 36(5), 697–707 (In Chinese). ,
- 2006. Petrogenesis of Mesozoic granitoids and volcanic rocks in south China: a response to tectonic evolution. Episodes 29, 26–33. , , , ,