Special Issue Article
CO2-rich fluid from metamorphic devolatilization of the Triassic Orogeny: an example from the Qiaxia copper deposit in Altay, NW China
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Triassic tectonics and mineral systems (Part 2)
Volume 49, Issue 6, pages 617–634, November-December 2014
How to Cite
2014), CO2-rich fluid from metamorphic devolatilization of the Triassic Orogeny: an example from the Qiaxia copper deposit in Altay, NW China, Geol. J., 49, 617–634, doi:10.1002/gj.2536., , , , , and (
- Issue published online: 14 NOV 2014
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 29 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 SEP 2013
- 2005. Exploration targeting for large Cu deposits in the Kelan Basin. Research report of project 2003BA612-06-03, Urumqi.
- 1993. Revised equation and table for determining the freezing point depression of H2O–NaCl solutions. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 57, 683–684.
- 1989. P-V-T properties of fluids in the system H2O ± CO2 ± NaCl: new graphic presentations and implications for fluid inclusion studies. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 53, 1209–1221. ,
- 2009. Geochronology of metarhyolites from the Kangbutiebao Formation in the Kelang basin, Altay Mountains, Xinjiang: implications for the tectonic evolution and metallogeny. Gondwana Research 16, 189–200. , , , , , ,
- 2000. Progress in the study of Central Asia-type orogenesis–metallogenesis in Northwest China. Geological Journal of China Universities 6, 17–22 (in Chinese).
- 2006. Orogenic type deposits and their metallogenic model and exploration potential. Geology in China 33, 1181–1196 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- 1992. Gold mineralization in West Henan. Seismological Press: Beijing; pp. 1–234 (in Chinese with English abstract). ,
- 2004. Genesis of post-collisional granitoids and basement nature of the Junggar Terrane, NW China: Nd–Sr isotope and trace element evidence. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 23, 691–703. ,
- 2004. Fluid inclusion study of the Sawayardun Au deposit in southern Tianshan, China: implication for ore genesis and exploration. Journal of Mineralogy and Petrology 24(3), 46–54 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2004. Isotope geochemistry of the Tieluping silver deposit, Henan, China: a case study of orogenic silver deposits and related tectonic setting. Mineralium Deposita 39, 560–575. , ,
- 2006. Zircon SHRIMP U–Pb chronology of the Fuyun basic granulite and its tectonic significance in the Altaid orogenic belt. Acta Petrologica Sinica 22, 1351–1358 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , ,
- 2007a. Geodynamic settings and tectonic model of skarn gold deposits in China: an overview. Ore Geology Reviews 31, 139–169. , , , ,
- 2007b. Diagnostic fluid inclusions of different types gold deposits. Acta Petrologica Sinica 23, 2085–2108 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2011. Evolution of ore-forming fluids in the Sawayaerdun gold deposit—the first Muruntau-like gold deposit in the Southwestern Chinese Tianshan metallogenic belt. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 49, 131–144. , ,
- 2012. Epithermal deposits in North Xinjiang, NW China. International Journal of Earth Sciences 101, 889–917. , , , , ,
- 1979. Gas hydrates in CO2-bearing fluid inclusions and use freezing data for estimation of salinity. Economic Geology 74, 1435–1444.
- 2008. Study of fluid inclusion and genesis of the Zhifang Mo deposit in Songxian county, Henan province. Acta Geologica Sinica 24(9), 2133–2148 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2003. A three stage fluid flow model for Xiaoqinling lode gold metallogenesis in the He'nan and Shanxi provinces, central China. Acta Petrologica Sinica 19, 260–266 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2010. Characteristics of fluid inclusions in Tiemuete Pb–Zn deposit, Altay, Xinjiang and its geological significance. Acta Petrologica Sinica 26, 695–706 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , ,
- Geological Team 706 of the Xinjiang Bureau of nonferrous metals 2000. Prospecting Report of the Tiemurt Deposit, Altay City, Xinjiang. Unpublished document: Altay.
- 1991. Rapid dewatering of the crust deduced from ages of mesothermal gold deposits. Nature 354, 296–298. , , ,
- 2001. Orogenic Au and geologic time: a global synthesis. Ore Geology Reviews 18, 1–75. , ,
- 2003. Tectonic and metallogenic evolution of the Altay Shan, Northern Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, northwestern China. In: Tectonic Evolution and Metallogeny of the Chinese Altay and Tianshan. Mao, J.W., Godlfarb, R.J., Seltmann, R., Wang, D.H., Xiao, W.J., Hart, C. (eds). International Association on the Genesis of Ore Deposits, Centre for Russian and Central Asian Mineral Studies. Natural History Museum: London; pp. 17–30. , , , , ,
- 2013. Phanerozoic continental growth and gold metallogeny of Asia. Gondwana Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.gr.2013.03.002 , , , ,
- 1998. Orogenic gold deposits: a proposed classification in the context of their crustal distribution and relationship to other gold deposit types. Ore Geology Reviews 13, 7–27. , , , ,
- 2003. Gold deposits in metamorphic belts: overview of current understanding, outstanding problems, future research, and exploration significance. Economic Geology 98, 1–29. , , ,
- 2003. P–T–X conditions of hydrothermal fluid and precipitation mechanism of stibnite-gold mineralization at the Wiluna lode-gold deposits, Western Australia: conventional and infrared microthermometric constraints. Mineralium Deposita 38, 936–952. ,
- 2006. SHRIMP zircon U–Pb dating and its significance for gneisses from the southwest area to Qinghe County in the Altai, China. Acta Petrologica Sinica 22, 1–10 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2003. The mineral geology of Tiemuerte. Xinjiang Nonferrous Metal 2, 2–5 (in Chinese).
- 2000. The characteristics, origins and geodynamic setting of supergiant gold metallogenic provinces. Science in China Series D (supp.) 43, 1–68. , , , ,
- 2005. Intrusion-hosted mineralization in the Charters Towers Goldfield, North Queensland: new isotopic and fluid inclusion constraints on the timing and origin of the auriferous veins. Economic Geology 100, 1583–1603.
- 2013. Mesoproterozoic (Grenville-age) terranes in the Kyrgyz North Tianshan: zircon ages and Nd–Hf isotopic constraints on the origin and evolution of basement blocks in the southern Central Asian Orogen. Gondwana Research 23, 272–295. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2007. Re–Os dating of orogenic W–Mo deposits in the mid Norwegian Caledonides. Abstracts with Programs—Geological Society of America 39(6), 276. ,
- 2002. Palaeozoic late collisional strike–slip deformations in Tianshan and Altay, Eastern Xinjiang, NW China. Terra Nova 14, 249–256. , , , ,
- 2004. Discovery and genetic mechanism of basic granulite in the Altay orogenic belt, Xinjiang, NW China. Acta Petrologica Sinica 78, 177–185 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , , ,
- 2007. The Bainaimiao Cu deposit, Inner Mongolia, China: a typical orogenic Cu deposit constrained by microthermometric study of fluid inclusions. Acta Petrologica Sinica 23, 2165–2176 (in Chinese with English abstract). , ,
- 2008. The molybdenite Re–Os isotope age of the Dahu Au–Mo deposit, Xiaoqinling and the Indosinian mineralization. Acta Petrologica Sinica 24, 810–816 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2008. Metallogenic time and tectonic setting of the Bainaimiao Cu–Au deposit, Inner Mongolia. Acta Petrologica Sinica 24, 890–898 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2011. Triassic mineralization with Cretaceous overprint in the Dahu Au–Mo deposit, Xiaoqinling gold province: constraints from SHRIMP monazite U–Th–Pb geochronology. Gondwana Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.gr.2010.12.013 , , ,
- 2013. Compositional polarity of Triassic granitoids in the Qinling Orogen, China: implication for termination of the northernmost Paleo-Tethys. Gondwana Research. DO: 10.1016/j.gr.2013.09.017 , , ,
- 1999. Thermogynamics of Fluid Inclusion. Geological Publishing House: Beijing; pp. 1–290 (in Chinese with English abstract). ,
- 2004. Fluid Inclusion. Science Press: Beijing; pp. 1–487 (in Chinese). , , , , ,
- 2001. Fluid inclusion and sulfur isotope studies in probable modern analogue Kuroko-type ores from the JADE hydrothermal field (Central Okinawa trough, Japan). Chemical Geology 173, 45–58. , ,
- 2001. Sarekuobu-Tiemuerte gold polymetallic metallogenic series in Xinjiang. Geology and Prospecting 37(4), 23–26 (in Chinese with English abstract). , ,
- 2008. Characteristics of fluid inclusion and ore genesis of the Dahu Au–Mo deposit in the Xiaoqinling gold field, Henan province. Acta Petrologica Sinica 24, 2058–2068 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2009. Pb–Sr–Nd isotope constraints on the source of ore-forming elements of the Dahu Au–Mo deposit, Henan province. Acta Petrologica Sinica 25, 2823–2832 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2009. Hydrothermal Processes and Mineral Systems. Springer: Perth; pp. 1–1250.
- 2007. Fluid inclusion constraints on the origin of the Lengshuibeigou Pb–Zn–Ag deposit, Henan province. Acta Petrologica Sinica 23, 2119–2130 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , ,
- 2012. Fluid inclusion studies and the genesis of the Sarekuobu gold deposit, Xinjiang. Geotectonica et Metallogenia 36, 227–239. , , , ,
- 1996. Paleotectonics of Asia: fragments of synthesis. In: The Tectonic Evolution of Asia. Yin, A., Harrison, T.M. (eds). Cambridge University Press: Cambridge; pp.480–640. ,
- 1972. A plate tectonic model for the origin of porphyry copper deposit. Economic Geology 67, 184–197.
- 2007. Geological characteristics and Genesis of Tiemierte Pb–Zn deposit. Xinjiang Nonferrous Metal S1, 42–44 (in Chinese).
- 2010. Geological and Geochemical characteristics and ore genesis of Keketale Pb–Zn deposit, Southern Altay Metallogenic Belt, NW China. Ore Geology Review 37, 114–126. , ,
- 2012. Iron mineralization associated with a major strike–slip shear zone: radiometric and oxygen isotope evidence from the Mengku deposit, NW China. Ore Geology Reviews 44, 136–147. , , ,
- 1998. Volcanic-exhalative-sedimentary lead zinc deposit in the Southern margin of the Altai, Xinjiang. Geology Publishing House: Beijing (in Chinese) pp 1–210. , , , ,
- 2007. Stable isotope of Pb–Zn deposits occurred in the Maizi Devolnian volcanic-sedimentary basin in the south margin of Altay mountain, Xinjiang. Geology and Prospecting 43(6), 25–31 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , ,
- 2007. Transition of metamorphic series from the Kyanite- to Andalusite-types in the Altai orogen, Xinjiang, China: evidence from petrography and calculated KMnFMASH and KFMASH phase relations. Lithos 96, 353–374. , , ,
- 2008. Continental dynamics of the central Asian orogenic belt and its metallogeny. Xinjiang Geology 26, 4–7 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , , , ,
- 2009. End-Permian to mid-Triassic termination of the southern Altaids: implications for the geodynamic evolution, Phanerozoic continental growth, and metallogeny of Altay Asia. International Journal of Earth Sciences 98, 1189–1217. , , , , , , , ,
- 2013. Paleozoic multiple accretionary and collisional tectonics of the Chinese Tianshan orogenic collage. Gondwana Research 23, 1316–1341. , , ,
- 2008a. The source of hydrothermal fluids for Sarekoubu gold deposit in the southern Altai Mountains in Xinjiang, China: evidence from fluid inclusions and geochemistry. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 32, 247–258. , , , ,
- 2008b. Carbonic fluid inclusion assemblages and their geological significance at the Tiemurte lead–zinc deposit, Altay. Acta Petrologica Sinica 24, 2094–2104 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , , ,
- 2011. Carbonic fluid overprints in volcanogenic massive sulfide deposits: examples from the Kelan volcano sedimentary basin, Altaids, China. Economic Geology 106, 145–158. , , , , , ,
- 2001. Geological and geochemical study on Tiemuerte–Qiaxia–Sarekuobu polymetallic gold deposit series. Mineral Resources and Geology 85, 366–370 (in Chinese). ,
- 2005. Sediment-structural evolution and lead-zinc mineralization in the Devonian volcanic-sedimentary Kelan Basin in Southern Altay, Xinjiang. Geotectonica et Metallogenia 4, 53–59 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2004. Characteristics of ore geology and fluid inclusion of the Yindonggou silver deposit, Neixiang county, Henan province: implication for metallogenic type. Journal of Mineralogy and Petrology 24(3), 55–64 (in Chinese with English abstract). , , , ,
- 2008. Isotope geochemistry of the Weishancheng stratabound gold–silver ore belt, Tongbai County, Henan Province, China. Earth Science Frontiers (Online English edition) 15, 108–124. , , , ,
- 2009. Comparison of the typical metallogenic systems in the north slope of the Tongbai–East Qinling Mountains and its geologic implications. Acta Geologica Sinica (English edition) 83, 396–410. , , ,
- 2009. The fluid inclusion geochemistry and mineragenetic type of the Wangfeng gold deposit, Xinjiang, China. Acta Petrologica Sinica 25, 1465–1473 (in Chinese with English abstract). , ,
- 2011. Lead isotope systematics of the Weishancheng Au–Ag belt, Tongbai Mountains, central China: implication for ore genesis. International Geology Review 53, 656–676. , , ,
- 2012. Ore geology and fluid inclusion geochemistry of the Tiemurt Pb–Zn–Cu deposit, Altay, Xinjiang, China: a case study of orogenic-type Pb–Zn systems. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 49, 69–79. , ,
- 2007. CHIME monazite ages of metasediments from Altai orogen in northwestern China: Devonian and Permian ages of metamorphism and their significance. Island Arc 16, 598–604. , , ,
- 2012. Geology, fluid inclusion geochemistry, and 40Ar/39Ar geochronology of the Wulasigou Cu deposit, and their implications for ore genesis, Altay, Xinjiang, China. Ore geology reviews 49, 128–140. , , , ,
- 2013. Metamorphosed Pb–Zn–(Ag) ores of the Keketale VMS deposit, Xinjiang: evidence from ore textures, fluid inclusions, geochronology and pyrite compositions. Ore Geology Reviews 54, 167–180. , , , ,
- 1994. Tectonothermal Evolution in Space and Time and Orogenic Process of Altaide, China. Jilin Scientific and Technical Press: Changchun; pp. 402 (in Chinese).