Island on fire: the extraordinary story of Laki, the forgotten volcano that turned eighteenth-century Europe dark by Alexandra Witze and Jeff Kanipe. Profile Books, London, 2014. No. of pages: 224. Price: UK£10.99. ISBN 978-178125-0044 (cloth).
Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Special Issue: Triassic tectonics and mineral systems (Part 2)
Volume 49, Issue 6, pages 657–658, November-December 2014
How to Cite
2014), Island on fire: the extraordinary story of Laki, the forgotten volcano that turned eighteenth-century Europe dark, Geol. J., 49, 657–658, doi: 10.1002/gj.2580(
- Issue online: 14 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 15 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAY 2014
- 1999. The Rejection of Continental Drift: Theory and Method in American Earth Sciences. Oxford University Press: New York; xi+420.
- 2003. Krakatoa, the Day the World Exploded: August 27, 1883. Viking: London; xviii+416.
- 2002. The Last Days of St. Pierre: The Volcanic Disaster that Claimed Thirty Thousand Lives. Rutgers University Press: New Brunswick; x+291.