Self and carer perspectives of quality of life in dementia using the QoL-AD
Article first published online: 2 MAY 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 97–104, January 2015
How to Cite
in collaboration with the REMCARE team (2014), Self and carer perspectives of quality of life in dementia using the QoL-AD, Int J Geriatr Psychiatry, 30; 97–104, doi: 10.1002/gps.4130, , , , and
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 2 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 24 OCT 2013
- 1988. Cornell Scale for Depression in Dementia. Biol Psychiatry 23: 271–284. , , , .
- 2003. Two views of self-rated general health status. Soc Sci Med 56: 203–217. , , .
- 2010. Factors associated with self and informant ratings of the quality of life of people with dementia living in care facilities: a cross sectional study. PLoS One 5: e15621. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.001562 , , , et al.
- 2012. Quality of life of community-residing persons with dementia based on self-rated and caregiver-rated measures. Qual Life Res 21: 1379–1389. , , , et al.
- 2012. Quality of life in Alzheimer's disease: different factors associated with complementary ratings by patients and family carers. Int Psychogeriatr 24: 708–721. , , , .
- 2004. Agreement between dementia patient report and proxy reports using the Nottingham Health Profile. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19: 1026–1034. , , , , .
- 2005. Proxy completion of EQ-5D in patients with dementia. Qual Life Res 14: 107–118. , , , , .
- 1996. Assessment of activities of daily living in dementia: development of the Bristol Activities of Daily Living Scale. Age Ageing 25: 113–120. , , , .
- 2009. Factors related to perceived quality of life in patients with Alzheimer's disease: the patient's perception compared with that of caregivers. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24: 585–594. , , , , .
- 2013. Clinical differences in patients with Alzheimer's disease according to the presence or absence of anosognosia: implications for perceived quality of life. J Alzheimers Dis 33: 1105–1116. , , , et al.
- 2013. Factors associated with quality of life in dementia patients in long-term care. Int Psychogeriatr 25: 577–585. , , .
- EuroQoL. 1990. EuroQol – a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. The EuroQol Group. Health Policy 16: 199–208.
- 2006. Assessing quality of life in Taiwanese patients with Alzheimer's disease. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21: 103–107. , .
- 1979. A scaled version of the General Health Questionnaire. Psychol Med 9: 139–145. , .
- 2012. Determinants of quality of life in Alzheimer's disease: perspective of patients, informal caregivers, and professional caregivers. Int Psychogeriatr 24: 1805–1815. , , .
- 1982. Measuring behavioural disturbance of elderly demented patients in the community and its effects on relatives: a factor analytic study. Age Ageing 11: 121–126. , , , .
- 2008. Can self-rated health scores be used for risk prediction in patients with type 2 diabetes? Diabetes Care 31: 795–797. , , , et al.
- 2007. Quality of life in dementia: care recipient and caregiver perceptions of quality of life in dementia: the LASER-AD study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22: 1031–1036. , , , .
- 2009. Determinants of the discrepancy in patient- and caregiver-rated quality of life for persons with dementia. J Clin Nurs 18: 3107–3118. , , , , .
- 2008. Patient and caregiver perspectives of quality of life in dementia. An investigation of the relationship to behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 26: 138–146. , , , et al.
- 1997. Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studies. J Health Soc Behav 38: 21–37. , .
- ALSOVA study group. 2011. Neuropsychiatric symptoms and quality of life in patients with very mild and mild Alzheimer's disease. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26: 473–482. , , , et al.,
- 2002. Depression and immune function: central pathways to morbidity and mortality. J Psychosom Res 53: 873–876. , .
- 2003. Measuring health: improving the validity of health assessments. Qual Life Res 12(Suppl 1): 81–89. , .
- 2011. Psychometric properties of the Spanish QoL-AD with institutionalized dementia patients and their family caregivers in Spain. Aging Ment Health 15: 775–783. , , , , .
- 1999. Quality of Life in Alzheimer's disease: patient and caregiver reports. J Ment Health Aging 5: 21–32. , , , .
- 2002. Assessing quality of life in older adults with cognitive impairment. Psychosom Med 64: 510–519. , , , .
- 2006. Determinants of the quality of life in Alzheimer's disease patients as assessed by the Japanese version of the Quality of Life-Alzheimer's disease scale. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 21: 182–191. , , , et al.
- INTERDEM group. 2008. A European consensus on outcome measures for psychosocial intervention research in dementia care. Aging Ment Health 12: 14–29. 10. , , , et al.,
- 1993. The Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR): current version and scoring rules. Neurology 43: 2412–2414. .
- 2011. Evaluating the quality of life of people with dementia in residential care facilities. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 32: 39–44. , , , .
- 2001. Agreement between patients' and proxies' reports of quality of life in Alzheimer's disease. Qual Life Res 10: 443–452. , , , et al.
- 2002. The Cornell-Brown Scale for Quality of Life in dementia. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 16: 109–115. , , , .
- 2006. Insight and cognitive impairment: effects on quality-of-life reports from mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease patients. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 21: 242–248. , , .
- 2004. What explains differences between dementia patients' and their caregivers' ratings of patients' quality of life? Am J Geriat Psychiat 12: 272–280. , , , , .
- 1999. The development of a valid and reliable scale for rating anxiety in dementia (RAID). Aging MentHealth 3: 39–49. , , , .
- 2012. Patient and proxy measurement of quality of life among general hospital in-patients with dementia. Aging Ment Health 16: 603–607. , , , et al.
- 2005. Comorbid psychosocial symptoms and quality of life in patients with dementia. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13: 393–401. , , , et al.
- 2013. Quality of life in dementia: the role of non-cognitive factors in the ratings of people with dementia and family caregivers. Int Psychogeriatr 25: 1097–1105. , , , et al.
- 2006. Patient versus informant reported quality of life in the earliest phases of Alzheimer's disease. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21: 1132–1138. , , , , .
- 2004. Does self-rated health predict survival in older persons with cognitive impairment? J Am Geriatr Soc 52: 1895–1900. , , , .
- 2009. Transcultural adaptation and psychometric validation of a French-language version of the QoL-AD. Aging Ment Health 13: 593–600. , , , et al.
- 2012. REMCARE: reminiscence groups for people with dementia and their family caregivers – effectiveness and cost-effectiveness pragmatic multicentre randomised trial. Health Technol Assess 16: v-xv, 1–116. , , , et al.