Methane emissions estimate from airborne measurements over a western United States natural gas field
Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2013
©2013. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 40, Issue 16, pages 4393–4397, 28 August 2013
How to Cite
2013), Methane emissions estimate from airborne measurements over a western United States natural gas field, Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 4393–4397, doi:10.1002/grl.50811., et al. (
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 AUG 2013 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUN 2013
- 2012), Greater focus needed on methane leakage from natural gas infrastructure, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 109(17), 6435–6440. , , , , and (
- 2006), A comprehensive emissions inventory of upstream oil and gas activities in the Rocky Mountain States, ENVIRON International Corporation, Western Energy Alliance, Western Governors' Association Western Regional Air Partnership. , , , , , , and (
- 2008), Methane emissions from free-ranging cattle: Comparison of tracer and integrated horizontal flux techniques, J. Environ. Qual., 37(2), 582–591. , , , and (
- 1996), Methane emissions from the natural gas industry, Volume 1: Executive summary, Radian International for the Gas Research Institute, Washington, D. C and EPA National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Research Triangle Park, NC, U.S. , , , and (
- 2011), Methane and the greenhouse-gas footprint of natural gas from shale formations, Clim. Change, 106(4), 679–690. , , and (
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2007), Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York.
- 2003), Extensive regional atmospheric hydrocarbon pollution in the southwestern United States, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A., 100(21), 11,975–11,979. , , , , and (
- 2003), Rate measurements and detection of gas microseepage to the atmosphere from an enhanced oil recovery/sequestration project, Rangely, Colorado, USA, Appl. Geochem., 18(12), 1825–1838. (
- 2009), Aircraft-based measurements of the carbon footprint of Indianapolis, Environ. Sci. Technol., 43(20), 7816–7823. , , , , , and (
- 2012), Hydrocarbon emissions characterization in the Colorado Front Range: A pilot study, J. Geophys. Res., 117, D04304, doi:10.1029/2011JD016360. , et al. (
- 2010), Federal oil and gas leases: Opportunities exist to capture vented and flared natural gas, which would increase royalty payments and reduce greenhouse gases, GAO, Washington, D. C. (
- 2001), Observations of ozone formation in power plant plumes and implications for ozone control strategies, Science, 292(5517), 719–723. , et al. (
- 2012), Characterizing Pivotal Sources of Methane Emissions from Unconventional Natural Gas Production: Summary and Analysis of API and ANGA Survey Responses, pp. 48, Am. Pet. Inst., Am. Natl. Gas Alliance, Washington, D. C. , and (
- 2011), Assessment of fossil fuel carbon dioxide and other anthropogenic trace gas emissions from airborne measurements over Sacramento, California in spring 2009, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 11(2), 705–721. , et al. (
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (2009), 2007 Census of Agriculture, Utah, State and County Data, vol. 1, Natl. Agric. Stat. Serv, Washington, D. C.
- U.S. Department of Energy Energy Information Administration (1999), Natural Gas 1998: Issues and Trends, DOE/EIA.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2010), Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2008, EPA, Washington, D. C.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2011), Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2009, EPA, Washington, D. C.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2012), Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2010, EPA, Washington, D. C.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (2013), Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990–2011, EPA, Washington, D. C.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Inspector General (2013), EPA Needs to Improve Air Emissions Data for the Oil and Natural Gas Production Sector, EPA OIG, Washington, D. C.
- 1976), Formation and transport of secondary air-pollutants: Ozone and aerosols in St. Louis urban plume, Science, 194(4261), 187–189. , , , , , , and (