Mildred Z. Solomon and Ann C. Bonham, “Ethical Oversight of Research on Patient Care,” Ethical Oversight of Learning Health Care Systems
Ethical Oversight of Research on Patient Care
Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2013
© 2013 by The Hastings Center
Hastings Center Report
Volume 43, Issue s1, pages S2–S3, January-February 2013
How to Cite
Solomon, M. Z. and Bonham, A. C. (2013), Ethical Oversight of Research on Patient Care. Hastings Center Report, 43: S2–S3. doi: 10.1002/hast.132
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2013
- 1Institute of Medicine, Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care, B.D. Smedley, A.Y. Stith, and A.R. Nelson, eds. (Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2003); E.A. McGlynn et al., “The Quality of Health Care Delivered to Adults in the United States,” New England Journal of Medicine 348 (2003): 2635–45; Institute of Medicine, Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System, L.T. Kohn, J.M. Corrigan, and M.S. Donaldson, eds. (Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2000).
- 2Institute of Medicine, IOM Roundtable on Evidence-Based Medicine, The Learning Healthcare System: Workshop Summary, L. Olsen, D. Aisner, and J.M. McGinnis, eds. (Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2007); C. Grossmann, W.A. Goolsby, L. Olsen, and J.M. McGinnis for the Institute of Medicine, Committee on the Learning Health Care System in America, Engineering a Learning Healthcare System: A Look at the Future. Workshop Summary, (Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2011).
- 4Can Research and Care Be Ethically Integrated?” Hastings Center Report 41, no. 4 (2011): 37–46., , and , “
- 5The National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research, The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research (Washington, D.C.: Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Publication OS 78–0012, 1978).
- 6U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 45, Public Welfare, Part 46.102(d) (45 CFR 46.102[d]), 2009 Revision, http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/45cfr46.html/.
- 8Moving Comparative Effectiveness Research into Practice: Implementation Science and the Role of Academic Medicine,” Health Affairs 29, no. 1 (2010): 1901–905; E.C. Rich, A.C. Bonham, and D.G. Kirch, “The Implications of Comparative Effectiveness Research for Academic Medicine,” Academic Medicine 86, no. 6 (2011): 684–88.and , “
- 9The Research on Care Community, https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/rocc/.