Contract grant sponsor: Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars.
Synthesis and Photophysical Properties of New Highly Conjugated Bispyrylium Compounds
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 66–71, January 2013
How to Cite
Gong, W.-T., Qian, X.-m., Wang, F.-R., Lin, Y. and Ning, G.-L. (2013), Synthesis and Photophysical Properties of New Highly Conjugated Bispyrylium Compounds. Heteroatom Chem., 24: 66–71. doi: 10.1002/hc.21064
Contract grant number: 1000-082109.
Contract grant sponsor: Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities.
Contract grant number: DUT11LK13.
Contract grant sponsor: National Science Foundation of China.
Contract grant number: 21206016.
- Issue online: 10 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2012
- Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars. Grant Number: 1000-082109
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities. Grant Number: DUT11LK13
- National Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 21206016
New highly conjugated bispyryliums were synthesized by the Knoevenagel reaction between α-CH3 pyrylium and aromatic dicarboxaldehydes. Their photophysical properties were fully investigated. The results showed that they exhibited a tunable fluorescence emission colors ranging from green to red in solution by changing the properties of connecting π bridges. The experimental results were also supported by theoretical calculations. In addition, their fluorescence emission in solid state was also investigated preliminarily. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Heteroatom Chem 24:66–71, 2013; View this article online at wileyonlinelibrary.com. DOI 10.1002/hc.21064