Affordability – the forgotten criterion in health-care priority setting
Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 18, Issue 4, pages 373–375, April 2009
How to Cite
Cleary, S. M. and McIntyre, D. (2009), Affordability – the forgotten criterion in health-care priority setting. Health Econ., 18: 373–375. doi: 10.1002/hec.1450
- Issue online: 6 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2009
- 2006. When to initiate HAART in sub-Saharan Africa? A South African cost-effectiveness study. Antiviral Therapy 11:63–72. , et al.
- 1987. Applications of cost–benefit analysis to health care – departures from welfare economic theory. Journal of Health Economics 6:211–225. , .
- 1992. Cost-effectiveness/utility analyses. Do current decision rules lead us to where we want to be? Journal of Health Economics 11:279–296. , .
- 2006. The biggest bang for the buck or bigger bucks for the bang: the fallacy of the cost-effectiveness threshold. Journal of Health Service and Research Policy 11(1):46–51. , .
- 2006. The cost-effectiveness of antiretroviral treatment in Khayelitsha, South Africa: a primary data analysis. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 4:20. , et al.
- 2008. Equity and efficiency in HIV-treatment in South Africa: the contribution of mathematical programming to priority setting. Under review in Health Economics. , et al.
- 1998. The (Near) equivalence of cost-effectiveness and cost–benefit analyses. Pharmacoeconomics 13(4):386–396. .
- 2002. Cost-effectiveness analysis: contra-indications. British Medical Journal 325:891–894. , et al.
- 1996. Guidelines for authors and peer reveiwers of economic submissions to the BMJ. British Medical Journal 313:275–283. , .
- HIV and AIDS and STI National Strategic Plan 2007–2011. 2007. Pretoria, South African National AIDS Council (SANAC): 1–136.
- 2008. When to initiate highly active antiretroviral therapy in low-resource settings: the Moroccan experience. Antiviral Therapy 13(2):241–251. , et al.
- UNAIDS 2007. AIDS epidemic update: December 2007, Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS and World Health Organisation.
- WHO and UNAIDS 2004. Consultation on ethics and equitable access to treatment and care for HIV/AIDS. Geneva, World Health Organisation/Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- 2005. Clinical impact and cost-effectiveness of co-trimoxazole prophylaxis in patients with HIV/AIDS in Cote d'Ivoire: a trial-based analysis. AIDS 19(12):1299–1308. , et al.