Minimum pricing of alcohol
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 18, Issue 12, pages 1357–1360, December 2009
How to Cite
Ludbrook, A. (2009), Minimum pricing of alcohol. Health Econ., 18: 1357–1360. doi: 10.1002/hec.1558
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2009
- Analytical Services Division. 2008. Costs of Alcohol Use and Misuse in Scotland [pdf]. Analytical Services Division, Edinburgh. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2008/05/06091510/11 [Accessed 4 June 2008].
- 2008. Independent Review of the Effects of Alcohol Pricing and Promotion. Part A Systematic Reviews [pdf]. ScHARR University of Sheffield, Sheffield. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publichealth/Healthimprovement/Alcoholmisuse/DH_085390 [Accessed 3 March 2009]. et al.
- Cabinet Office Strategy Unit. 2003. Alcohol Misuse: How Much Does it Cost? [pdf] Department of Health, London. Available from: http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/strategy/work_areas/alcohol_misuse/background.aspx [Accessed 19 September 2007].
- 2009. 150 years of the Annual Report of the Chief Medical Officer: On the State of Public Health 2008. Department of Health, London. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/AnnualReports/DH_096206 [Accessed 27 May 2009]. .
- 1999. Who drinks most of the alcohol in the US? The policy implications. Journal of Studies on Alcohol 60(1): 78–89. ,
- 2006. Alcohol prices, beverage quality, and the demand for alcohol: quality substitutions and price elasticities. Alcoholism Clinical and Experimental Research 30(1): 96–105. , , ,
- 2008. Changes in alcohol-related mortality and its socioeconomic differences after a large reduction in alcohol prices: a natural experiment based on register data. American Journal of Epidemiology 168(10): 1110–1118. , ,
- HM Revenue & Customs. 2008. Alcohol Factsheet July 2008 [xls] s.l.:HM Revenue & Customs. Available from: https://www.uktradeinfo.com/index.cfm?task=factalcohol [Accessed 8 October 2008].
- 2003. Econometric models of alcohol demand in the United Kingdom. Government Economic Service Working Paper 140, HM Customs & Excise, London. .
- Information Services Division. 2009. Alcohol Statistics Scotland 2009 [pdf]. Common Services Agency, Edinburgh. Available from: http://www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org/alcohol_misuse/1407.html [Accessed 12 May 2009].
- National Health and Medical Research Council. 2009. Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol [pdf]. Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra. Available from: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/publications/synopses/ds10syn.htm [Accessed 13 May 2009].
- Scottish Government. 2009. Changing Scotland's Relationship with Alcohol: A Framework for Action. Scottish Government, Edinburgh. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2009/03/04144703/14 [Accessed 27 May 2009].
- The Neilsen Company. 2008. Neilsen Information [xls]. The Scottish Government, Edinburgh. Available from: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/health/Alcohol/resources/nielson-data [Accessed 18 March 2009].
- 2009. Effects of beverage alcohol price and tax levels on drinking: a meta-analysis of 1003 estimates from 112 studies. Addiction 104(2): 179–190. , ,