Preference-based condition-specific measures of health: what happens to cross programme comparability?
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 125–129, February 2010
How to Cite
Brazier, J. and Tsuchiya, A. (2010), Preference-based condition-specific measures of health: what happens to cross programme comparability?. Health Econ., 19: 125–129. doi: 10.1002/hec.1580
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2010
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2010
- 2004. Comparing utility scores before and after hearing-aid provision. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy 3(2): 103–105. , , , .
- 2008. Estimation of a preference-based index from a condition-specific measure: the King's Health Questionnaire. Medical Decision Making 28(1): 113–126. , , , , , .
- 2007. Measuring and Valuing Health for Economic Evaluation. Oxford University Press: Oxford. , , , .
- 2005. Estimating a preference-based index for menopausal specific health related quality of life questionnaire. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 3:13. , , , .
- 2009. Developing preference-based condition specific measures: why, when, how and do you achieve comparability between measures? Health Economics and Decision Science Discussion Paper 01/09, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK. , , , , .
- EuroQol Group. 1996. EuroQol: the current state of play. Health Policy 37: 53–72.
- 1997. Modelling valuations for EuroQol health states. Medical care 35(11):1095–1108. .
- 2002. Decision validity should determine whether generic or condition-specific HRQOL measure is used in health care decisions. Health Economics 11: 1–8. .
- 2005. The impact of Age Related Macular Degeneration on health state utility values. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 46: 4016–4023. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Multiattribute and single-attribute utility functions for the health utilities index mark 3 system. Medical Care 40: 113–128. , , et al.
- Food and Drug Administration. 2006. Guidance for Industry. Patient-reported outcome measures: use in medical product development to support labelling claims. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. February. http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/5460dft.htm.
- 1996. Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine. Oxford University Press: Oxford. , , , .
- 2006. Estimating the association between SF-12 responses and EQ-5D utility values by response mapping. Medical Decision Making 26: 18–29. , , .
- 2008. EuroQol EQ-5D and condition specific outcome measures in women with urinary incontinence: reliability, validity and responsiveness. Quality of Life Research 17(10): 475–483. , , , .
- 2002. The valuation of the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) for the use in economic evaluations. European Urology 42: 491–497. , .
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence. 2008. Guide to the Methods Technology Appraisal. NICE: England.
- 1998. Integrating patients preferences into health outcomes assessment: the multiattribute asthma symptom utility index. Chest 114(4): 998–1007. , , , , .
- 2004. Development and testing of a new preference-based disease-specific health-related quality of life instruments for erectile function. Quality of Life Research 13: 349–359. , , , , , .
- 1999. Measuring health-related quality of life in patients with venous leg ulcers. Quality of Life Research 8(4): 327–336. , , .
- 1995. The measurement and valuation of health: a chronicle. Centre for Health Economics, Discussion Paper, University of York. .
- 2006. Deriving a Preference-based Measure for Health from the AQLQ. HESG, City University, January. , , , .