ON THE CHOICE OF HEALTH INEQUALITY MEASURE FOR THE LONGITUDINAL ANALYSIS OF INCOME-RELATED HEALTH INEQUALITIES
Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 22, Issue 3, pages 353–365, March 2013
How to Cite
Allanson, P. and Petrie, D. (2013), ON THE CHOICE OF HEALTH INEQUALITY MEASURE FOR THE LONGITUDINAL ANALYSIS OF INCOME-RELATED HEALTH INEQUALITIES. Health Econ., 22: 353–365. doi: 10.1002/hec.2803
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 6 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2011
- Chief Scientist Office. Grant Number: CZG/2/451
- 2010. Longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequality. Journal of Health Economics 29: 78–86. , , .
- 1970. On the measurement of inequality. Journal of Economic Theory 2: 244–263. .
- 1983. Social Justice and Public Policy. The MIT Press: Cambridge, MA. .
- 2002. Bootstrap inference for inequality, mobility and poverty measurement. Journal of Econometrics 108: 317–342. .
- 2006. A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement. Journal of Health Economics 25(5): 945–957. , .
- 2002. The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-36. Journal of Health Economics 21: 271–292. , , .
- 2002. On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality. Social Science & Medicine 55(11): 1923–1928. , , , , .
- 1993. Equity and equality in health and health care. Journal of Health Economics 12: 431–457. , .
- 1993. Measuring social mobility. Journal of Economic Theory 61: 372–394. .
- 2005. QALY maximisation and people's preferences: a methodological review of the literature. Health Economics 14: 197–208. , , , .
- 2009. Correcting the concentration index. Journal of Health Economics 28: 504–515. .
- 2011. Measuring socioeconomic inequality in health, health care and health financing by means of rank-dependent indices: a recipe for good practice. Journal of Health Economics 30: 685–694. , .
- 2005. A unified framework for pro-poor growth analysis. Economic Letters 89: 216–221. .
- 1977. Measurement of tax progressivity: an international comparison. The Economic Journal 87: 71–80. .
- 2011. Correcting the concentration index for binary variables. Working Paper No. 2011:4, Department of Economics, Lund University. , .
- 1976. Unequal inequalities I. Journal of Economic Theory 12: 416–442. .
- 2001. The distribution and redistribution of income: a mathematical analysis (3rd edition). Manchester University Press: Manchester. .
- 2011. On the consistent measurement of attainment and shortfall inequality. Journal of Health Economics 30: 214–219. , .
- 2010. Fair Society, Healthy Lives' Strategic Review of Health Inequalities in England Post 2010. Marmot Review: London. .
- 1997. A simple way to calculate the Gini coefficient, and some implications. Economics Letters 56: 45–49. .
- 2011. Accounting for the dead in the longitudinal analysis of income-related health inequalities. Journal of Health Economics 30: 1113–1123. , , .
- 1995. British Household Panel Survey User Manual Volume A: Introduction, Technical Report and Appendices. University of Essex: Colchester. .
- University of Essex, Institute for Social and Economic Research. 2007. British Household Panel Survey: Waves 1–15, 1991–2006 [computer file] (3rd edition). University of Essex: Colchester, Essex, UK Data Archive [distributor], June, SN: 5151.
- 2002. Inequality aversion, health inequalities, and health achievement. Journal of Health Economics 21(4): 627–641. .
- 2005. The bounds of the concentration index when the variable of interest is binary, with an application to immunization inequality. Health Economics 14: 429–432. .
- 2009. Correcting the concentration index: a comment. Journal of Health Economics 28: 516–520. .
- 1991. On the measurement of inequalities in health. Social Science & Medicine 33(5): 545–557. , , .
- 2006. The normative approach to the measurement of multidimensional inequality. In Inequality and Economic Integration, Farina F, Savaglio E (eds.). Routledge: London. .
- 2002. Econometric Analysis of Cross-section and Panel Data. MIT Press: Cambridge, MA. .
- 1988. A controversial proposal concerning inequality measurement. Journal of Economic Theory 44(2): 381–397. .
- 1983. On an extension of the Gini inequality index. International Economic Review 24: 617–628. .
- 2007. Unit-consistent decomposable inequality measures. Economica 74: 97–111. .
- 2003. Characterizing inequality equivalence criteria. Mimeo, School of Economics, University of Nottingham. .