THE DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH CARE EXPENDITURE TOWARD THE END OF LIFE: EVIDENCE FROM TAIWAN
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume 23, Issue 8, pages 951–961, August 2014
How to Cite
Chang, S., He, Y. and Hsieh, C.-R. (2014), THE DETERMINANTS OF HEALTH CARE EXPENDITURE TOWARD THE END OF LIFE: EVIDENCE FROM TAIWAN. Health Econ., 23: 951–961. doi: 10.1002/hec.2970
- Issue published online: 3 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 13 APR 2012
- 2012. Time to death and forecasting of macro-level health care expenditures: some further considerations. Journal of Health Economics 31: 876–887. , .
- 2012. Hospital ownership type and treatment choices. Journal of Health Economics 31: 359–370. .
- 1987. A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation. Journal of Chronic Diseases 40: 373–383. , , , .
- 2006. Aging and changes in medical practices: reassessing the influences of demography. Health Economics 15: 947–963. , , .
- 2000. Hospital ownership and public medical spending. Quarterly Journal of Economics 115: 1343–1373. .
- 2000. Health care expenditure in the last months of life. Journal of Health Economics 19: 679–695. , , .
- 2010. Do red herrings swim in circles? Controlling for the endogeneity of time to death. Journal of Health Economics 29: 205–212. , , .
- 2009. Hospital ownership and medical services: market mix, spillover effects, and nonprofit objective. Journal of Health Economics 28: 924–937. , .
- 2001. Influence of age on Medicare expenditures and medical care in the last year of life. Journal of the American Medical Association 286: 1349–1355. , , . et al.
- 1992. Medical care costs: how much welfare loss? Journal of Economic Perspectives 6: 3–21. .
- 2004a. Ageing and health-care expenditure: the red herring argument revisited. Health Economics 13: 303–314. , .
- 2004b. A longitudinal study of the effects of age and time to death on hospital costs. Journal of Health Economics 23: 217–235. , .
- 2013. Terminal patients in Belgian nursing homes: a cost analysis. The European Journal of Health Economics 14: 407–413. , , . et al.
- 2004. Time to include time to death? The future of health care expenditure predictions. Health Economics 13: 315–327. , .
- 2007. Specialist payment schemes and patient selection in private and public hospitals. Journal of Health Economics 26: 1014–1026. .
- 1999. Aging of population and health care expenditure: a red herring? Health Economics 8: 485–496. , , .