INFORMAL CARE AND CAREGIVER'S HEALTH
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
How to Cite
Do, Y. K., Norton, E. C., Stearns, S. C. and Van Houtven, C. H. (), INFORMAL CARE AND CAREGIVER'S HEALTH. Health Econ.. doi: 10.1002/hec.3012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 23 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2012
- 2003. Caregiver stress and noncaregiver stress: exploring the pathways of psychiatric morbidity. The Gerontologist 43: 817–827. , .
- 2006. Parent care and the stress process: findings from panel data. Journals of Gerontology B: Psychological Science and Social Sciences 61: S248−S255. , .
- 1998. Children and their parents' labor supply: evidence from exogenous variation in family size. American Economic Review 88: 450–477. , .
- 1996. Identification of causal effects using instrumental variables. Journal of the American Statistical Association 91: 444–455. , , .
- 1999. The economic value of informal caregiving. Health Affairs (Project Hope) 18: 182–188. , , .
- 1990. A critique of the caregiving literature. The Gerontologist 30: 26–29. , .
- 2010. Caring for and caring about disentangling the caregiving effect and the family effect. Journal of Health Economics 29: 549–556. , , , .
- 2006. Korean longitudinal study of ageing: research design for international comparative studies. Survey Research 7: 97–122. , .
- 2000. Caregiving and detrimental mental and physical health outcomes. In: Williamson GM, Shaffer DR, Parmelee PA (eds). Physical Illness and Depression in Older Adults; A Handbook of Theory, Research, and Practice. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers: New York. 93–131. , , .
- 2000. Elder care in Korea: the future is now. Aging International 26: 25–37. .
- 1993. Cultural and noncultural factors as determinants of caregiver burden for the impaired elderly in South Korea. The Gerontologist 33: 8–15. .
- 2009. Caring for mom and neglecting yourself? The health effects of caring for an elderly parent. Health Economics 18: 991–1010. , .
- 2002. Issues of race, ethnicity, and culture in caregiving research a 20-year review (1980–2000). The Gerontologist 42: 237–272. , , .
- 1987. Stress, appraisal, coping, and social support as predictors of adaptational outcome among dementia caregivers. Psychology and Aging 2: 323–330. , , , .
- 2003. Implicit exchanges in family caregiving for frail elders in Taiwan. Qualitative Health Research 13: 1078–1093. , .
- 1994. Identification and estimation of local average treatment effects. Econometrica 62: 467–475. , .
- 2000. Symptom expression and somatization among elderly Korean immigrants. Journal of Clinical Geropsychology 6: 199–212. .
- 2003. Differences between caregivers and noncaregivers in psychological health and physical health a meta-analysis. Psychology and Aging 18: 250–267. , .
- 2006. Gender differences in caregiver stressors, social resources, and health: an updated meta-analysis. Journals of Gerontology. Series B, Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences 61: 33–45. , .
- 2007. Correlates of physical health of informal caregivers a meta-analysis. Journals of Gerontology. Series B, Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences 62: 126–137. , .
- 1990. Theoretical perspectives on caregiving: concepts, variables, and methods. In: Biegel DE, Blum A (eds). Aging and Caregiving: Theory, Research and Policy. Sage Publications: New York. 27–52. .
- 1990. Psychiatric and physical morbidity effects of caregiving. Journal of Gerontology 45: 181–191. , , .
- 1995. Psychiatric and physical morbidity effects of dementia caregiving: prevalence, correlates, and causes. The Gerontologist 35: 771–791. , , , .
- 1990. A new look at filial piety: ideals and practices of family-centered parent care in Korea. The Gerontologist 30: 610–617. .
- 2007. Framing the public health of caregiving. American Journal of Public Health 97: 224–228. , .
- 2008. Informal care and Medicare expenditures: testing for heterogeneous treatment effects. Journal of Health Economics 27: 134–156. , .
- 2003. Is caregiving hazardous to one's physical health? A meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin 129: 946–972. , , .
- 1995. Informal caregiving to aging family members a critical review. Family Relations 44: 402–411. , , .
- 1997. The continuation of family caregiving in Japan. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 38: 164–176. , .
- 2000. Gender differences in psychiatric morbidity among family caregivers a review and analysis. The Gerontologist 40: 147–164. , .
- 2003. Hwabyung as caregiving stress among Korean-American caregivers of a relative with dementia. Journal of Gerontological Social Work 42: 3–19. , .