Communicating the Parameter Uncertainty in the IQWiG Efficiency Frontier to Decision-Makers
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Health Economics published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 481–490, April 2015
How to Cite
2015), Communicating the Parameter Uncertainty in the IQWiG Efficiency Frontier to Decision-Makers, Health Econ., 24, 481–490, doi: 10.1002/hec.3041, , , , , , , and (
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2015
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 20 JUL 2012
- 2008. Optimal Cost-Effectiveness Decisions: The Role of the Cost-Effectiveness Acceptability Curve (CEAC), the Cost-Effectiveness Acceptability Frontier (CEAF), and the Expected Value of Perfection Information (EVPI). Value in Health 11: 886–897. , , .
- 2001. Handling uncertainty in economic evaluation and presenting the results. In Economic evaluation in health care, Drummond M, McGuire A (eds). Oxford University Press: Oxford. .
- 2006. Decision modelling for health economic evaluations. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 172–214. , , .
- 2010. The efficiency frontier approach to economic evaluation: will it help German policy making? Health Economics 19: 1128–1131. , .
- 2010. The efficiency frontier approach to economic evaluation of health-care interventions. Health Economics 19: 1117–1127. , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Bayesian approaches to the value of information: implications for the regulation of new pharmaceuticals. Health Economics 8: 269–274. .
- 1993. Visualizing datas. Hobart Press: New Jersey. .
- 2010. Some essential clarifications: IQWiG comments on two critiques of the efficiency frontier approach. Health Economics 19: 1139–1141. , .
- 2011. Germany's decision rule for setting ceiling prices of drugs: a comparative analysis with other decision rules. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy 9: 65–71. .
- 1996. Cost-effectiveness in health and medicines. Oxford University Press: Oxford. , , , .
- 2010. An economic evaluation of the IQWiG's efficient frontier. Gesundheitsökonomie & Qualitätsmanagement 15: 241–250. , , .
- 2000. Willingness to pay for a quality-adjusted life year: in search of a standard. Medical Decision Making 20: 332–342. , , , , .
- IQWiG. 2009. Working Paper Modelling: Version 1.0. IQWiG: Köln.
- 2004. Valuing health care using willingness to pay: a comparison of the payment card and dichotomous choice methods. Journal of Health Economics 23: 237–258. , , .
- 2009. Die Effizienzgrenze des IQWiG: eine gelungene Adaption der Modelle von Markowitz und Koopmans? Sozialer Fortschritt 58: 137–147. , , , .
- 2010. Sins of omission and obfuscation: IQWIG's guidelines on economic evaluation methods. Health Economics 19: 1132–1136. , .
- 2010. Uncertainty assessment of input parameters for economic evaluation: Gauss's error propagation, an alternative to established methods. Medical Decision Making 30(3): 304–313. , , et al.